Chaptet 25

Chapter 25: The Mafia Princess
🌹🌹🌹

My smaller form laid in Namjoon’s lap, cradled in between in his legs. The blanket he had wrapped around me still swaddled me in comfort, he said he would be fine without one, but I still tried to keep him warm. My head laid on his firm stomach, where I could feel the rhythm of his steady breathing. Namjoon’s large and warm hands threaded through my hair, separating each and every tangle of my long hair. It isn’t strange that I could feel his contentment and happiness as we sat in silence together. He told me the truth.

It must have been so heartbreaking and hard for Namjoon to leave us behind at the young age of sixteen to take over a powerful mafia. He loved and cared about our parents and me so much, he was someone who was proud of our family and wanted nothing but the best for us. That was why he left to take over the Bangtan Mafia- with his leadership, he could guarantee our protection from anyone who was trying to hurt us. It worked for three years, we were safe and could continue on with our lives, but something was still missing. Namjoon, my brother was missing from the picture. To think he was still thinking about us and wanted to keep us safe as he took enemies head on.

Yet, I’m so incredibly grateful that Joon is still alive and well, as well as going strong. He does have a few scars from what I could only assume missions. I delicately pressed my hand against his arm, where I long scar ran down vertically. He had another one on his neck, but it was faint. Despite the markings on his skin, they didn't bother him, he continued to look at me with brotherly eyes. I could never imagine the pain he felt during the time we were separated, the sleepless nights after the news of our parent's deaths and my death and missing status, he experienced. The worry and heartbreak, the guilt, how hard was it for him? He poured all of his emotions out to me, and I let him; he deserved to break his walls down and let all of those built up feelings out. I just wanted him to be happy, now that he knows I'm alive and wasn't going to turn my back on him.

Then it came, what I was called during the past twenty years of my life, and I didn't even know. I am the second successor to our parents, Namjoon being the first. This means that leadership of the mafia was passed down to him from dad. The mafia has been our family's legacy since, well as far back as Namjoon could trace. Which, by the way, has about the same number of generations as Crimson, believe it or not, but I digress. Bangtan was always left in the hands of the oldest male (each generation seemed to always have a male child first) in the family, in this case, Namjoon. However, if the oldest failed to uphold leadership, it would be passed down to the second child in line, male or female. The Mafia is Namjoon's birthright, if he didn't take the role, it would ultimately be my responsibility.

It's no easy task- he has so much to do: watch over the sectors of our territory, keep in touch with the other gangs affiliated with him, always be aware of what was going on in the world. I bet it wasn't any easier for him when news of the Jeju murders reached his ears. To think that that would have fallen into my hands. And this is where my title comes in. Since my birth, I was crowned the Princess of the Bangtan Mafia, the second successor, should the place become available. However, my parents and Joon didn't want that fate upon my shoulders. I was too young, too innocent to experience a life like that. That's why Namjoon took over, that's why he had to leave- to keep our family, but mainly me, safe. If he took over, all eyes would be on him taking everyone's attention away from me so that I could live a normal life. But the fact that our family is a mafia centuries old, it's a lot to take in and it'll take time to get used to.

“Joon?” I spoke up, laying my head on his leg to face the window.
“Yes? What is it Sae-Young?” he hummed, cupping my shoulder.
“Earlier, Hobie told me that something happened to us after we were ambushed outside the warehouse,” I started. “I remember seeing a masked Hobie looking down at me before hauling me onto his shoulder, but, I don't remember anything else before I woke up in the infirmary.”

Namjoon tensed up as the last words fell from my mouth. He looked down at me with heartbroken and saddened eyed, tears slowly building up. My brother looked hurt and guilty as it looked like he was having a flashback. I slowly sat up, turning to face him. Ever so delicately, I slipped my hands into his, causing him to look at me.

“Namjoon, whatever happened, I can't remember any of it. Part of me says that I shouldn't try, but the other… What happened to me Namjoon? Why was I unconscious for three weeks? It couldn't have been the dart, that should have only lasted a few hours,” I explained.

Namjoon bit his lip, dropping his gaze from mine momentarily. A heavy breath reached my ears as he shot his arms out to embrace me. He pulled me close to his chest, hugging me tightly as he shut his eyes harshly. His chest cocked up, a hiccup following a trail of tears. Whatever happened to me, it scared him…

“We intended to just keep you all in the basement cells for the night to wake up the next morning. The others were left alone, but you… Jimin didn't have control over himself and went against orders and restrained you in a chair. When you woke up he came back and he was cruel with you- he ice water tortured you, he hit you…” he croaked, the tears growing stronger. “When Hoseok and I got to you, your body was ice cold, your lips were turning blue so fast. You looked at me, but it was like you couldn't see me like I wasn't real. The moment you closed your eyes, your heart stopped and you died in my arms…”

I felt my eyes widened to the size of saucers; I… died. My heart failed on me, it stopped pumping blood and remained still inside my body. But, I didn't feel it stop, it just felt like cold shadows swallowed me whole. Had I really went into cardiac arrest?
“Jin came just in time to save you. Death took you from me twice, you're alive. You're alive and here in my arms… And…”
He tightened his hold around me, burying his face into my shoulder.

“I'm just so happy that you're still here, that I can look into your full-of-life eyes, see your smile and hear your voice,” he breathed. “I don't want you to leave me all alone, I don't want you to die again… I-”
I wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders, hugging him stronger than what he was doing to me.

“I'm not going anywhere Namjoon,” I reassured him. “Just as you've promised me when we were younger, I'm going to stay by your side.”

All my worries, all my insecurities, they were all put to rest. Now, begins a new chapter for all of us.

*Wink wink* 😎😎

Hey guys, Ao here💜💜💜

I'm sorry for my lack of double updates this week, I've been really busy with school. I've also decided that I'm going to take a little break from wattpad over the next week, I wish to rewrite some chapters to BCP as well as focus on school. I'm sorry once again if this is such a short notice.

Thank you guys so much for your support and understanding 💜💜

With love,
~Ao.