Chapter 18

Chapter 18
🌹🌹🌹

Sae-Young's POV
A thick and heavy numbness ate away at my body as I sat limply in a hard metal chair. Cold metal chains suffocated my wrists as they were bound behind my back, putting my shoulders in a stiff position. I could already feel a kink in my neck starting to form as I tried to stay still as if I was unconscious; it was really starting to hurt and bother me. My boots felt like they were super glued to the floor, thick leather straps binding them to the legs of the chair. A corset-like belt hugged my waist as well. In short, I was like a broken bird in a cage. Never in my life have I ever been subjected to such cruel restraint because not once have I ever been caught. This was a new and terrifying experience, one that will scar me forever.

From the air in the room, I was trapped in some sort of cement cube. The way the freezing cold air nipped at my skin caused me to hiss mentally. I was stripped of my jacket, leaving my bare arms to shiver. A gnawing sense of helplessness rushed my mind like a storm, I was scared- not just some quick fright from a haunted house- but it felt like this room was eating away at my sanity every second that I sit here. My mind kept conjuring up a demon like presence from behind, waiting to drag its deranged feet across the floor as it strode towards me. Terror was an understatement, I was absolutely mortified, the cruel and haunting emotions having their way with my mind. The darkness engulfing the space only seemed to make things worse; monsters hide in the dark, it's their breeding ground. That's what this room feels like- demons were coming to life and using me as a source of power. My body shook in response to the fear, I felt so weak!

I jumped in recognition as a heavy metal door slammed open, threatening to break from its hinges. However, I couldn’t see anything still; there seemed to be some sort of blindfold covering my eyes, preventing me from seeing who came into space. That scared me the most, not being able to have a visible indication of who was going to hurt me. Even if it weren’t for the conditions I was already in, I would still be shaking from the fear.

I suddenly felt a cold hand grip my chin, roughly yanking my head up. Though I could not see the person, I could feel their deadly intent through their aura and their hand. That was what broke me, it felt like a demon trying to gobble up my soul whole after ripping it directly out of my body. I felt fucking terrified, I couldn’t even utter a single word or peep a single sound as I heard dark chuckling. My flight response took over, causing me to rip my face away from his grip. Right now, I was just relying on my other senses. His breathing was close, close enough for me to bang my forehead against his, and so I did. A cry of pain reached my ears, as well as the sound of something falling. I smirked out of discomfort, that damn habit emerging without me wanting it to. A harsh palm suddenly bashed across my face, my head swivelling to follow the motion. A burning sting erupted in my cheek, but I held back a whimper to hide my pain and weakness.

You bitch!”

The man's voice changed dramatically, a stabbing chill wreaking havoc up my spine. The air grew thick and suffocating, making it hard for me to breath. It was like there was this sticky and gritty haze flowing around this room and it was contributing to my fear response. The man's tone resembled that of a siren, the mythical being that uses its voice to lure its prey. My ears picked up on something scraping across the dirty and pebble covered floor.

A bombardment of ice cold water suddenly came rushing down onto my weakened form. The sensations burning across my skin felt like needles puncturing every single pore on my body, over and over again. My body shot up straight from the harsh cold fluid, but my movement was restricted by the chains and bindings around me. The air in my lungs felt like it was sucked out, forbidding me from inhaling and exhaling at all. I slumped down, trying to catch the breath that had left me. A thick sheet of ice seemed to cling to my bare arms, as well as turning my clothes into sticky layers of ice.

“How do you like that, Miss Bartender?!”

Jimin…?!

The shock both mentally and physically began to set into my own dismay. It's like that moment when you reach a life-changing revelation and your mind is blown to pieces. That's how I feel right at this moment, except it isn't anything good. What this means is that those feelings I got from that first night Taehyung and Jimin came in, they were true. I have no reason to doubt that sixth sense anymore. Something was up with them, my gut was churning upon realization- they're part of the mafia. I blame myself for getting lost in Taehyung's smile and puppy-like features, if I had just remembered what I felt, I would have been ready for something like this. But I wasn't, and that in turn is going to be my downfall. My entire world began to crack, eventually shattering into tiny, significant pieces. I trusted Taehyung (I wasn't sure how to feel about Jimin or even Jin at this point!), I feel so hurt.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by another ice bucket, forcing a scream out of my lungs. The blindfold around my head was yanked off, falling to hang around my throat. Jimin glared at me with a crazed look in his eyes, a wicked smile tugging on his lips.

“S-Sadistic bastard…” I cracked out.

He grabbed a fistful of my wet hair, yanking my head upwards. Jimin suddenly threw me off to the side, my body hitting the floor as well as the chair jabbing into my arm. And wouldn't you know, another fucking ice bucket was thrown onto me. The longer I endured this, the more my body wanted to shut down and retreat into a made up world. My mind and physical state were starting to give up on me, a black haze forming around my blurry vision.

Jimin continued to taunt me, even as I was giving out. He grabbed my hair once again, forcibly lifting my upper body. The man was about to slap me again, judging by the raising of his opposite arm. However, he was shoved out of the way, the grip on my hair disappearing and I fell to the floor. It felt like my throat was constructing closed, my breath coming out in raspy gasps. Everything felt so cold as if I was thrown into the Arctic and left to fend for myself without any warm clothes. Or if I was locked in a walk-in freezer, that morbidly works too. Through my underwater like hearing, blurred and distorted voices barely reached me.

“Untie her! Hurry!”

I barely felt the rustling of the chains and the belts unbuckling from around me. I was already so broken that my sense of touch didn't even want to help me anymore. My body was almost like an empty shell as I was pulled into a pair of arms. Their warmth didn't reach me, I was incapable of feeling anything at that point. My entire body was under some sort of physical arrest, the last thing keeping me alive seemed to be my sight. However, hallucinations plagued my last moments.

How cruel my mind is… playing hallucinations on me...

Through my blurry eyes, I could barely make out a looming figure. Their features were distorted beyond recognition.

He isn't here… He's gone…

My breath left me, throwing me into a cold void.

It felt so weird to write this chapter, especially with the demeanour and persona change in Jimin. Normally he's an adorable and fluffy mochi, but here, it's like he's some sort of demon. *Chill* ugh, it's scary to even think about.

By the way, I'm going to shamelessly advertise once again! Just yesterday, I published the first chapter to Fallen Angel!

As you can see, it's about our lovely SeokJin! I'm super excited about this journey, maybe you'll join me? (I'm totally not advertising for the dark side, *wink wink* *nudge nudge*)

~With love, Ao 💜💜💜