Chapter 33

Eun-Lee's POV
Tonight was absolutely brutal on everyone as soon as we arrived back at the Bangtan Mansion. Many of the boys and my sisters were wounded, all of them needed medical attention immediately. I was tasked to tend to the girls first by Jin Oppa, they were after all my first priority. Considering the situation we were in, there was no room for argument. I am the only female doctor in the entire house, my sisters would be the most comfortable with me checking their injuries. I have been doing so for the past several years. However, out of all of the girls, Sae-Young had the worst injuries from the mission. More than anything, I'm thankful that they weren't too severe. Otherwise, she would have had to stay in the infirmary for observation.

After checking in on the girls one last time, as well as the others, I dragged my heels into the infirmary office. Stepping into the darkened office, I quietly shut the door behind me before leaning up against it. My entire body felt exhausted, if I didn't sit down right away, I would collapse onto the floor. Stumbling over to one of the couches, I fell back onto the cushions and immediately laid down. I nudged my sister's charts onto the middle coffee table and rested my head on the armrest.

I shouldn't have dropped down onto the couch- I immediately felt a hot tenderness in my shoulder, and I winced from the sensation. Through the moonlit office, I lifted my head and took a peek at it after pulling my shirt collar away. I wretched upon the sight- ugly shades of purples, yellows and blacks stained my skin, morphing to create a disgusting patch. I haven't had a chance to get it looked at, I was too busy looking at my dongsaengs. Not that I minded anyways, they come first, their injuries were far more severe than my own. It's just in my nature to help others first, I am a doctor after all.

Sinking further into the couch, I forced myself to sit through the pain. It was nothing compared to what the other's went through. Perhaps I should have grabbed an ice pack before laying down to manage the swelling, but I felt too exhausted to get up again. I sighed softly, it'll heal, it's just going to take longer. Letting my eyes fluttered closed, I slipped into a nap.

It only felt like a few seconds had passed when I heard the office door groan open. A bright flash of light stabbed me in the eyes right through my eyelids and tried to shield them with my arms.
"Oh sorry Eun," a voice whispered.
The person slipped into the room and quickly, but quietly shut the door. The blinding light was arrested out of the room, and I could finally open my eyes. I tilted my head as Jin appeared at my side, sitting down on the coffee table. He looked at me with softened eyes and a gentle smile.
"Were you sleeping, hun?"

I lightly nodded my head, reaching up to rub my eyes. Sighing softly, I tried to sit up, but immediately felt the bruise protecting this action. For the hundredth time today, I winced as I clutched my shoulder. Jin suddenly wrapped his arm around my torso and laid me back down onto the couch. I looked at him with a flustered gaze and I felt him pull my shirt collar, exposing the bruise marking my skin. Jin's eyes looked saddened while gently touching the contusion.
"What happened Eun?" he cooed softly, slipping his jacket off to lay it on top of me.
"Long story short, I was body checked," I shrugged with my uninjured shoulder. "It looks to be superficial, but it hurts really badly."

Jin remained silent as his eyes were solely focused on my wound. I knew he was trying to hide it, but I could see the anger for Hex burning behind his black orbs. Not once have I seen him with such rage flooding his good-natured soul. Don't get me wrong, he does get angry sometimes, but those times are different from now. Whenever he is called informally, or Jungkook teases him for his age- he doesn't react this avidly.

"Oppa," I whispered, grabbing his hand.
Almost immediately, he was snapped out of his blind rage and looked at me with apologetic eyes. I gently stroked the back of his hand with my thumb, hoping that I was calming him.
"I'm okay, it will heal."
Jin let out a heated breath, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"I'm going to grab you an ice pack," he muttered before getting up and leaving the room. "Stay put."
I could only watch his back as he slipped into the hallway before shutting the door. Was he still angry? It sounded like he was.

Hex was still out there, he managed to escape when we were dealing with the reinforcements. Sweet was pretty pissed off about it, she had a long-running grudge with him. If she was able to deal the finishing blow, Hex would have been done and dealt with. I dreaded the fact that SeokJin knows that he escaped. I honestly hoped that his judgement wouldn't be clouded by his emotions, and run off and do something dangerous.

A few minutes passed, and Oppa returned with a handful of comfort items. He closed the closed the office door with his back before coming over to me once again. Jin threw a large, fluffy blanket over me after pulling his jacket off of me. I immediately noticed that his cologne laced the fabric- I will admit that I absolutely loved the smell. Oddly enough, it helped me sleep better. Looking up, I noticed Jin's jaw was clenched tightly, the bone of his mandible popping out as he placed an ice pack onto my wound. I hissed at the sudden change in temperature, and it took me a few minutes to get used to it.

Jin brushed my hair away from my face, but still kept a stoic stare.
"Get some sleep Eun," he whispered. "I'll be right here, so rest easy."
I reached for his hand, squeezing it tightly. He returned the gesture, laying his other hand on top. I could only smile as he pecked the back of my hand.
"You should sleep too, Oppa," I suggested. "You've worked hard today."
Jin grinned softly before nodding. He sat down on the floor, back pressed against the front of the couch. I felt his head rest in the crook of my neck, and I snuggled into his soft hair.

"Goodnight hun," he cooed.

"Good night Oppa," I replied. "Sweet dreams..."