☹ Swimming

A/N: As requested by Bella (aka one of my faves) <3

Your POV

"I wanna go go for a swim," Richie announces, all of us looking over the cliff nervously.

"Well, let's do it then," I challenge, a huge smile plastered on my face.

"B-but I d-don't have my b-bathing suit," Bill says, looking down at his pants.

"You got your tighty-whities on?" I laugh, beginning to pull off my bag. The boys watch before Beverly smacks them up the back of their heads.

"Quit being such perves," she says and pulls off her own clothes. Although I was the oldest of the group, Beverly Marsh and I had become quick best friends. It was awkward taking off my shirt though (I was wearing a white lacy push-up bra).

"Jesus," Richie mumbles, adjusting his glasses as he watches me, "she's like one of them magazines".

"Oh, hush up," I scold, pulling down my mini skirt.

"I'm in," Stan starts pulling off his clothing and immediately jumps in along with Beverly. I laugh as the rest of the boys jump in, suddenly feeling chicken.

"Did you guys hear that?!" I shout down into the water below me, turning around to see a figure running towards me. Before I know it, the arms wrap around my waist and send the both of us flying off the cliff and plummeting towards the water below. My heart races and I'm too scared to see who it was.

"Y/N!!" Beverly screams from just as I hit the water. I was surely going to die. The water thrashes against my head and darkens the deeper I go, my arms refusing to move. Down and down and down. My arms finally lift towards the surface, but it was too late. My lungs felt like they were going to burst.

 My lungs felt like they were going to burst

---Ten minutes later---

"Fuck, c'mon, you're okay. Move back losers!" a voice shouts from somewhere above me.

I didn't feel right. I felt numb. Maybe I was in some twisted heaven. "Are you an angel?" I whisper, the figure in front of me haloed by the sun.

"Farthest thing from it, babygirl," the voice answers with a laugh. As I slowly sit up, his hand presses against my lower back. "You okay?"

"Get away from her," Stan hisses, kneeling in front of me and feeling my forehead.

"She doesn't have a fever, you idiot," the voice growls, slapping his hand away. I stare at Stan as he rolls his eyes, soon looking back down at me with concern.

 I stare at Stan as he rolls his eyes, soon looking back down at me with concern

"First of all, I'm not an idiot. And second, I wasn't checking for a fever. I was checking for a 'con...coction'".

"I bet you were," the voice says in a mocking tone, knowing Stan had no idea what the word was.

"Upsie daisy, you're fine". Soon enough, the arms wrap around my waist again, and I'm standing... face to face with Patrick Hockstetter.

"You-" I hold up a finger to scold him but sway from the change in pressure. He steadies me with his hands on my waist.

"You are welcome," he interrupts.

"Are you crazy?!" I shove him away and he shrugs with a smile.

"Well..."

"You could have killed me, Patrick!"

"I don't kill the things I like. Generally," he answers, trying to step towards me again.

"That makes me feel a whole lot better". I shake my head to get some of the water out of my ears, then look around for the others.

"They're getting your clothing," Patrick says interrupting my thinking. "Geez, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to get your panties in a twist, figuratively of course," his eyes trail down to my underwear and I snap my fingers in his face.

"Eyes up here buddy".

"But you look so good half drowned," he smirks, tilting his head as though to reason with me.

I focus on his body momentarily. He's wearing his jeans with that sexy chain and an undershirt.

"Eyes up here buddy," he mimics, turning as the sounds of my friends returning reaches our ears.

"You okay?" Beverly glares at Patrick, helping me into my blouse.

"Well, I'll be on my way then," Patrick licks his lips and grabs his short-sleeved button down, turning back once to send me another smile. "Good afternoon, ma'am. Losers," he says addressing me then the others.

 Losers," he says addressing me then the others