☹ Protective

Your POV

"If I find you looking at my girl again I'll beat you to a pulp," Patrick's angry voice drifts down the hall. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I shake him off.

"Patrick, I thought we said no more fighting," I complain, staring up at him.

"It's not a fight if I always win". Patrick presses me closer against the lockers, a dark look in his eyes.

"Stop doing that," I struggle to break free from his human-cage but he only smirks. "Patrick, we're in high school now, I thought you were above picking on little kids".

"The only thing I'm above is you, short-stack," he replies, smiling down at me with an amused look-.

"Ugh, you're a jerk". As I try to push past him again, Patrick presses a gentle kiss to my lips. "And I'm not that short," I add as he pulls away.

"Sure, kid".  The wind whips my hair around my face, making it hard to see as we walked. Without realizing it, I find myself staring at the tall boy's face; his beautiful eyes cast on the cement pavement.

"You're really pretty," I blurt out. His eyes snap over to look at me.

"Do you now-" before he can tease me, Belch's car screeches in front of us.

"What you losers doin' on my block?!" Henry Bower's voice calls out from the car. Patrick laughs as Henry hops out and pats him on the shoulder.

"We're just looking for a place to hang out," he replies, running a hand over Belch's car.

"My old man's not home. We could shoot it out in the back yard," Henry suggests. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a pack of cigarettes, "and I snagged these here too".

"Sure. You fine with that, Y/N?"

"Thanks, babygirl". Patrick kisses my nose and the boys jump out, ushering us all out to the backyard.

...

Patrick's hands snake around my waist, pressing me further into his lap.

"He was so drunk he was saying that he 'loved the losers'," Victor says.

"That ain't the truth. I never said that!" Henry yells at the platinum-haired boy, chucking a beer can towards him. We all break out in laughter, before the back door slams open.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Our heads turn towards the voice, only to see it's Henry's father.

"Get behind me, baby," Patrick says, standing up and standing in front of me.

"Who's this?" his father continues, looking right at me.