5: Mates

"Soulmates, a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or a lover. You, my sweet little pup, are my soulmate, paired by the moon Goddess herself. You are my other half, my best friend, my soul. You hold the key to my heart, (Y/N). 

I searched for you everyday after I turned eighteen. That was just over five years ago... You see, most people find their mate before their eighteen birthday. Some people will probably tell you it made me more strict, hard, mean. But I was missing a part of myself without you.

(Y/N), when I heard rumors of a young girl locked away in a basement, I knew it was you. It's like you reached out and tugged my heart srtings, luring me towards you. And when I found you... It was by far, the best day of my life.

And I'm sorry I couldn't have been there sooner to help, to stop them... But I promise now that I will never let anyone here hurt you with the intent of hurting you. You may get a little hurt of roughed up during play or training, but that's all that will ever happen.

Because I love you.

You are my mate and I will always love you. And I understand if you don't feel the same yet, but that feeling of safety. The warm tingles running through your body when we touch, that's our mate bond.

So if you want, I will be your friend, your shoulder to lean on, your sister, or your lover..." Lauren said, finishing her little speech as she gently combed her fingers through the wolfs fur, (Y/N) enjoying the contact.

"They called you Luna, because I am the Alpha. We are expected to be together the rest of our lives and we are to lead this pack, side by side...." Lauren whispered as she washed her mate, the small wolfs eyes were closed as she relaxed in Laurens presents.

(Y/N) didn't reply right away, or at all. She just curled up on Laurens lap and nuzzled close to her as Camila came in while on the phone.

After a few seconds, Camila hung up and placed half the pile of paperwork on Laurens side. Lauren finally tore her gaze from the white wolf to look up to her work. Letting out a sigh, she got started filing prison forms while Camila filed transfer papers.

It was a few hours later before (Y/N) stood up and stretched, gaining both girls attention.

Sitting down again, (Y/N) looked up at Lauren with one ear up and one ear down.

Lauren quirked her eyebrows at her mate and put the younger wolf on the floor.

Nuzzling Laurens leg one last time, (Y/N) patted over the the office door and looked back expectantly at the girls.

Lauren stood up amused at walked over to her mate before glancing over her shoulder at Camila. "Take a ten minute break, Camz. Get some food or a drink. It's going to be a long night." Lauren said before opening the door and following her mate to the edge of the stairs. 

(Y/N) looked up at her mate and waited, Lauren rolling her eyes before picking up the baby wolf and walking down them.

Placing her back on the marble floors, (Y/N) walked to the back doors and jumped over the thresh hold, her tail wagging as she looked around at the trees and grass.

Trotting over to a bush, Lauren followed her before (Y/N) looked back at her ad barked.

"What?" Lauren asked with raised eye brows.

(Y/N) glanced between the bush and Lauren huffing.

"Alright I'll wait here." Lauren told her before (Y/N) continued to walk over to the bush to do her business.

A couple seconds later, (Y/N) had finished and was wiping her paws on the grass before a blue butterfly caught her attention. Perking her ears up, (Y/N) followed the butterfly enthralled by it.

A few minutes had passed before Lauren wondered over to the bush, not finding her mate. 

She didn't worry as she knew her mate wouldn't get far and she had already memorized her scent.

Following her scent, Lauren came to a small opening were her mate studied a butterfly that was resting on a flower. 

She let her stay for a few more minutes, the small wolf perking up as the butter fly took flight again, turning around as she watched it only to see Lauren.

Bouncing over the Lauren, (Y/N) wagged her tail and panted from dragging around her cased leg.

Lauren leaned down to pat the small wolf before leading them back to the pack house. "Come on, let's get you some food and water." Lauren told her, the house in sight now.

Walking into the kitchen, Lauren placed some rice with chicken and vegetables in a small bowl before getting a bowl of water also.

"Wait here for me, pup." Lauren told her.

(Y/N) sat down and watched as her mate disappeared  upstairs before quickly reappearing. 

Picking up her mate, Lauren jogged back up stairs and into her office where Camila was drinking a bottle of water while waiting. 

"Have some dinner, pup." Lauren said as she put her down and pushed her towards the bowls.

(Y/N) tucked her leg between her tails as she cautiously looked at the food and water, glancing back at Lauren who gave her an encouraging look.

Hesitantly, she began to eat the food and Lauren and Camila got back to work.

A few minutes had passed and (Y/N) took note that Lauren wasn't eating. The sound of glass dragging across the wooden floors got the wolves attention as they watched the young pup drag the bowl closer to Lauren before nudging it with her nose.

Lauren smiled but shook her head. "You eat, I promise I'll eat later." She said, turning back to her paper work.

Only a few seconds later, and (Y/N) was pulling at the bottom of Laurens jeans.

"Okay, okay." Lauren laughed, leaning down to pick up the bowl and her mate before taking the fork from Camilas finished dinner.

Eating the rest of the food, (Y/N) contently snuggled into Laurens arms as she then waited for the girls to finish, happy she had gotten Lauren to eat too.