29: Nuggets

Lauren and (Y/N) sat next to each other at the head of the table. 

Looking down at their dinner that had just been presented to them, Lauren was pleased to see to grilled chicken breast, and  large pile of vegetables which included potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, peas, beans and carrots. 

Looking over at her mate, Lauren watched (Y/N) jump excitedly in her seat as she looked at her own food, Chicken nuggets with the same vegetables, minus the beans. The young wolf didn't like chicken grilled or beans (unless it was on Laurens plate, then she would steal some).

Lauren stood up and the other wolves at the table went silent. "Thank you all for waiting for (Y/N) and I before starting dinner. You've all been training hard and working hard these past weeks after the incident." Some wolves looked down at the mention of what had happened. "But we're moving past that and into a new era, a better era with my mate, and your Luna. Thank you for being apart of this with us and joining the Jauregui Pack." She told them, sending the wolves around her a nod before sitting back in her chair.

(Y/N) looked over at Lauren and sent her a smile, still slightly bouncing in her seat as she waited for Laurens words. 

Lauren smiled back at her and rested a hand on her thigh before looking back down the table, "let's eat." She declared, picking up her cutlery and cutting up her chicken before eating her dinner. 

(Y/N) dug into her food at the Alphas command, the rest of the pack soon following. Once she had finished her nuggets and half her veggies, she looked over at Laurens chicken and sent the Alpha a curious but nervous look, trying to gauge what mood she was in and if she could get some of her chicken off her plate.

Lauren watched her from the corner of her eye as she brought another piece of chicken to her mouth. After a moment of chewing, there was a small tap on her upper arm, causing her to turn and look at her mate. 

She smiled at the nervous younger girl as (Y/N) fiddled with her fingers. She knew what she wanted but she waited patiently for her to ask. 

"Umm, can I try some of your chicken please, Lo?" She asked politely. Lauren smiled at her manners, her eyes crinkling at the corners before she placed a few pieces of chicken onto to the small wolfs plate and signalled one of the cooks over to her. 

"Of course, Pup." She told her mate as she placed the chicken down before turning to the cook "Dinner is wonderful, Amanda. May I please have another chicken breast?" She asked her. 

"Of course, Alpha." The cook told her, returning to the kitchen to get another one and bring it back. 

Once she had the other chicken breast on her plate, she cut it up again and began to eat.

She was nearing her own dinner when (Y/N) had eaten the chicken and rest of her vegetables and watched Lauren. "Lo, can I please have a bite?" She asked as she played with her bottom lip. 

Shaking her head playfully, Lauren put a piece of chicken onto her fork and turned in her seat before bringing it up to her mates mouth. 

Happily, (Y/N) ate the chicken and sat in her seat contently, letting Lauren finish the rest of her dinner in peace. 

Well, at least till desert was served.