14: Rouges

It had become a daily routine now, (Y/N) and Lauren running off to the field when they had any free time. It was there special spot.

So when (Y/N) bet Lauren she could beat her to the willow tree, Lauren didn't think anything of it, setting off on a slow jog as her mate ran as fast as she could ahead of her. But a panic set in when Camila called her, there were rouges on the north border.

Snapping out of her thoughts Lauren stared ahead to where her mate had disappeared, (Y/N)!

Setting off in her fastest run she could manage, (Y/N) soon came into view, completely oblivious to the the rouge running towards her on the left.

Lauren picked up her pace, if possible, propelling her body forward.

She could see the rouge out of the corner of her eye and she was desperate to get to her mate first.

They both lunged towards the small wolf that was still running towards the large willow tree fifty meters in front of them.

Lauren's teeth grabbed the scruff of her mates neck as her front feet hit the soft grass, just before they were taken out from under her again as the rouge collided with her side, teeth ripping into her back as nails dug at her ribs. Lauren roared in pain, throwing the rouge off quickly before bolting to the tree, using her claws to grip the bark as she ran up the tree to a high branch where she placed her mate.

Giving the scared wolf a quick check over to make sure she was okay, Lauren gave her a pleading look to stay there. She then jumped down from the tree once giving the small wolf a kiss on the cheek.

Emerging from the shade of the willow, four dirty rouges stood in the middle of the field.

A growl ripped though Lauren's throat at the sight of them, she had to remind herself that she didn't need to kill them all, she just needed to stall for time as Dinah and Camila were on there way.

Starting off on a slow jog, Lauren gained speed as she ran towards them, jumping over the two that ran towards her as she zeroed in on her target, that of a muddy coloured wolf.

Startled by her determination the wolf froze, Lauren using this to her advantage as she lunged at the wolf, tackling him to the ground before sinking her teeth into his throat, ferociously shaking her head until she knew he was dead.

Before she had the opportunity to remove her teeth, Lauren was tackled off the dead wolf by another rogue who sunk their teeth into her shoulder.

Barking as she spun around and threw them off, she heard a howl in the distance. Not long now until her two warriors would be here to help.

The rouges senses Lauren's distracted thoughts, jumping on her again as they bit and clawed at anything they could get, Lauren trying desperately to throw them off and fight back, but the sheer weight of the three wolves weighted her down with her already acquired injuries.

Lauren focused her hearing the best she could, trying to hear approaching footsteps in the distance. She heard nothing for a few seconds, until they was a thump and some rustling.

Then she heard it, her worst thoughts coming to life as small, pup like barks were heard.

Lauren tried desperately to get the rouges off but she was on the floor, teeth in her neck and legs.

She felt the weight shift as her mate barked, one of the rouges taking it upon themselves to terminate the source of those barks.

Lauren took this as her opportunity to escape, using her final burst of energy to throw the remaining two off before sprinting toward the third wolf who had her mate pressed again the willow tree.

The rouge was too slow, barely turning his head before Lauren had bitten his neck and snapped it, dropping it from her jaws.

Turning around in sheer exhaustion, Lauren watched the other two rouges ran towards them, her vision blurring at the edges as she legs finally gave out.

Her final sight being of the two rouges seven feet away from them before her Beta and Gamma attacked them and killed them, her mate licking her bloody fur and nudging her side.

"Please don't leave me..." She heard as her eyes fell shut, the plea falling of deaf ears