21: Wounds

"Shh shh shh, it's alright now my love..." Lauren told her mate, cradling her close to her chest as she rocked them side to side.

The young wolf had yet to stop crying and all Lauren could do was wait.

Once they'd made there way inside Lauren was sure to lock the door to her room before taking her into their bathroom.

They were now sitting in a warm bath, (Y/N) clothes still stuck to her body, as Lauren cradled her.

"I-it hurt!" Her mate sobbed, and Laurens heart ached at the statement, opting to smooth out her (Y/H/C)'s hair and kiss her forehead instead of speaking.

After a few more minutes and asking her to mimic her breathing, the Omegas breathing was starting to even out.

Lauren slowly took away one of the hands wrapped around her mate, causing a slight whine and fuss, before picking up the washcloth next to her.

"Shh, Pup. I just need to wipe this blood away..." Lauren whispered, causing her mate to settle back down.

She felt so weak, so vulnerable... She hated it, every second of it. But she was an Omega... So she listened to the Alpha, trying to get closer if possible and sink into her mates body.

She knew Lauren would protect her and she envied the strength her mate held. But she was also glad. She was glad to have someone like Lauren. Someone strong and powerful. Someone as loving and caring and willing to protect her with as much ferocity as her mate did.

Hugging Lauren tighter she left three kisses on her neck, Lauren taking a moment to hold her mate a bit tighter and kiss her forehead three times in response before going back to the task at hand.

"Stay still..." Lauren told her, dunking the cloth into the water before she wrung it out with one hand, lightly wiping the cut on her mates face.

(Y/N) winced at the clean water hit the fresh wound but didn't dare to move. Lauren had told her to stay still and she'd be damned if she didn't...

She often forgot that she was in fact, Laurens equal. It wasn't that Lauren didn't make her feel as though she was, but she was still an Omega. And Lauren was an Alpha. A damn strong and sexy one at that, just one look and you knew not to mess with her.

It wasn't something either one could control and Lauren slightly hated that fact. But she oozed dominance and superiority while (Y/N) followed instructions and spent almost eighteen years not being able to think for herself.

So Lauren washed her cut's gently, trying her hardest not to hurt her fragile mate, moving carefully to the ones on her shoulder that her Beta had caused by mistake.

(Y/N) let out a few shakey breaths and soon Lauren was putting the cloth on the side of the tub again, kissing her mates cheek.

"You did so well, Pup. I'm so proud of you." She muttered against the crown of her mates head.

They held each other tighter until the water turned cold and Lauren decided to get them out and warm.

Sitting her mate on the bed towel clad, Lauren moved into her walk-in wardrobe to put on some clothes and grab some for her mate.

Upon arriving back to the bedroom she noticed her mate had shifted back and was cowering in the mountain of pillows she insisted of having.

Lauren broke slightly at the sight, this would be the first time in over two weeks her mate would be going to bed in her wolf form.

Sighing, Lauren was quick to pull of the pyjamas she'd just put on and shifted into her wolf as well, joining her mate on the bed before grabbing the scruff of her white fur and placing her in her side.

There, she curled around her small mate and settled in for the night. No one said a word as they both closed their eyes and drifted off into a dream-less sleep.