27: Bath time

As Lauren walked out of the clearing and towards the house, (Y/N) waited till it was in view to hop down from Laurens hold. 

Running ahead of the Alpha, (Y/N) ran into the pack house and straight upstairs to their room where she started running Lauren a hot bath.

A few minutes later Lauren walked through their door, closing and locking it behind her before walking to the bathroom where her mate was.

Slowly, (Y/N) placed the bath bomb into the water, watching the different colours ooze out as the bomb fizzed and spread throughout the tub. 

Lauren leaned on the door frame, watching her mate with a smile for a few minutes. Eventually Lauren pushed off the door and made her way across the room, reaching over her mates head to turn the tap off as the tub was full enough. 

(Y/N) jumped slightly as Laurens presence, not noticing the older wolf in the room till now. "Jeez, Lolo. Scared me.." She told the older wolf, Lauren amused but the younger girl. She quickly hopped to her feet, following Laurens lead as they took their clothes off it get in the bath.

"Sorry, Pup. I'll get in first though, little wolf. Then you can sit in between my legs." Lauren told her gently as she caught her mates arm before the Omega could get in the bath.

"'Kay, Lolo." (Y/N) told her as she nodded, watching her mate get in the tub before joining her and sinking into the hot water. 

It instantly soothed her aching muscles having told Dinah not to hold back, but it was worth it. If she hadn't she wouldn't have learned anything.

They sat in a relaxing silence, (Y/N) sinking further into Laurens embrace as she closed her eyes, Lauren admiring her mate.

A minute passed before the Omega opened her eyes again and she watched the bubbles slowly pop, reaching out to gently scoop some up to look at closer. 

Lauren ran her fingers up and down her mates arms soothingly as she watched the curious wolf. It was only in their spare time that the smaller wolf would actively watch the things that intrigued her or that she wasn't educated on. Otherwise choosing to actively ignore or push them to the back of her mind as she focused on the task at mind. 

She wanted to get smarter and stronger, to be a good Luna and mate. She wanted Lauren. But Lauren said it wasn't the time, just because she learnt something new didn't mean she had to do it and that they would know when the time was right.

And she trusted Lauren, so she submerged her hand under the water and watched the bubbles float before resting her head on Laurens shoulder and relaxing again.

Lauren kissed her mates neck and shoulder, little pecks of appreciation for her mate before sinking into the water and leaning back as well.

The Alphas muscles aching from being confined to her office chair all day, yearning to be stretched and for a run. 'Later', Lauren told herself.

Humming softly filled the air of the bathroom before a whisper of a voice began to sing, Lauren opening her eyes to look at her mate in surprise.

She'd never heard the Omega sing before and it was beautiful...

"...I remember you said, don't leave me here alone, 

But all that's dead and gone and past tonight,

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down,

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now,

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound..."