8

I get angry when people give me the silent treatment but I happen to be one of the first people to dish it out.

I also happen to hold the streak for longest silent treatment in my house and now I might hold it for the state of Montana.

I went two months without uttering a word to anyone after my parents shamed me about sleeping with that Gamma. So when I decided to storm out of the office and away from Bash it signified my silent treatment.

I'm not mad at him or Logan, I'm just frustrated. I know he's joking, but sometimes it's hard to tell with him. He keeps such a straight face that the jokes seem to have a different intentions behind them. Not to mention, I don't know him as well as Bash does. I'd like to think he is trying to treat me as one of the guys, but I also can't tell if he doesn't like me and only wants to push my buttons.

After leaving the office they left me alone for a few hours. During that time I slept and that helped to calm me down. However, I woke up to Bash shaking me awake holding up a phone.

"It's your brother." And? I roll right over and place my face back in the pillow

Silent treatment enabled.

"Ignoring me? Good one." He tries to roll me back over and I push him off of me.

"Yeah Trev, she's ignoring me—Will do— You're on speaker."

"Jenifer I swear to goddess if you do this again I'll cut your credit card in half."

Well that's why I have another one on hold just in case.

"We're not playing the silent game, especially not at twenty years old. If I hear that this silence lasts more than a few days I'll drive up there myself and you know I won't be happy."

Empty threats. He wouldn't leave Kelly just to come reprimand his little sister.

"I'll see you in a week. Don't make it so that I have to see you sooner."

"She's done this before?" Sebastian asks as he pulls the covers from over me. "Let me guess, she cracks after a day?"

No that's child's play.

"Two months. The only reason she cracked was because she got angry and snapped at us for asking too many questions about where her friends went."

"Well I'll call if there's any problems."

Click.

"Jenifer I don't know why you've gone silent, but I'm assuming it's because of Logan. He's an idiot, and he's just trying to mess with you in an attempt to get closer to you. He wants to see how you react, because when you know that stuff, you have an upper hand. He comes off dumb, but he's always thinking methodically because that's how he's been trained to act with new people."

That doesn't mean I'm gonna be sorry for shoving him against the door. It also doesn't mean I'm gonna be the better person because I like winning. To me, this is winning.

Cause I'm petty.

"You can give him the silent treatment, but me?" He asks and I nod. "You're gonna be the death of me."

"I'll give you the time to be angry and I won't call Trevor because you're a grown woman and I'm not calling your brother to rat on you. However, if you keep this up for more than two days I'm gonna start loosing my mind."

***

On day three of the silent treatment Sebastian sat me down on the couch trying to break through to me by using manipulation.

"What is it that you want? What will it take for you to speak? Do you want me to tell you the business we're in? Do you want me to let you punch Logan? Honey let me know?"

I've managed to break him down and it's only been two full days.

"You want clothes? Makeup? A new camera? You want me to design a new house? Jenifer you're driving me insane. What is it that you want?"

Design a new home? Is he that desperate for me to speak?

I don't wanna feel guilty but the helpless look on his face has turned this game from fun to depressing.

"Do you want me to punch Logan?" He asks and I let out a small laugh. "Is that what you've wanted this whole time?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Jen, I've spent the whole day doing paperwork and paying bills and I just wanna go up to bed but I can't sleep knowing you're still doing this after three days. Especially because you didn't eat." He takes a seat next to me and I pull him into hug.

Goddess forsaken bond that makes me drawn to him.

"It's not as fun giving you the silent treatment." I admit and he laughs. "And I once lasted two months."

"So was it because if Logan?"

"Well yes, but it was more because I'm confused. I got here a week ago and I don't have the same people around me anymore. Not to mention I'm not used to being around anyone. I cut off my family and I cut off my old friends so I'm usually only around Kelly and Trevor. I come here and I'm immediately being surrounded by people who I don't even know that well."

"Plus I share a room with you and the twins both have rooms downstairs." I mention. "And there's a fourth who I've yet to meet."

"Yes there is that too. Except he hasn't been in the country so you won't be meeting him yet. I promise I'll explain everything including the business if you want, I just need you to eat something so I can go to bed knowing you're safe and taken care of."

"You do realize I've been hoarding snacks in the bedside table right?" I ask and he gives me a look I've never seen on him before.

Pride.

"That's gotta be the best thing you've done since we met and I watched you beat Hudson in a foot race and slam Logan into a door."

"What can I say, I like food." I shrug as I head upstairs with him on my tail.

"What have you been storing up there, you chipmunk?"

"No you can't have it." Does he think I'm sharing?

This is a dog eat dog world.