39

"You sure about this?" Bash asks as I stare at the nursery with my arms crossed over my chest.

"I'm telling you it has to be yellow. It's a girl. I think I would know."

"I think the moon goddess says otherwise." Logan adds and he walks past me in the hallway.

"I'm telling you that I will slave away for hours making the nursery look however you want it, but yellow? It's gonna be a boy and we're gonna have a problem."

"Yellow will work for a son too Sebastian. But it won't have to, because I'm having a girl." I snap and he looks slightly fearful.

"At this point paint the fucking room yellow Sebastian. The girl knows what she's having regardless of it making any sense." Garrett joins the conversation and I lean into him.

"Thank you for listening to me."

"Don't get used to it." He lightly shoves me off of him and I laugh.

"And also yellow works for both genders so fuck off."

"You're really mean when your pregnant." Bash adds as he moves the crib to the other side of the room.

"You got me pregnant."

"Yeah well we both didn't think that was possibly now did we?"

"I swear you guys are bickering more than when you met that day."

"Remember when you ran away from him?"

"I remember it vividly. Especially because I didn't think I'd ever find him." I say in a low voice. "Waited a while and then you were right there and it was shocking. I didn't know how to respond. In all honesty it was just a lot of fighting with my wolf." I stand up straight so I'm no longer leaning against the door. "It was just a hectic day." I shrug before walking away from the conversation and heading downstairs onto the back porch.

I take a seat on the rocking chair and I place my hands on my small bump. I surprisingly haven't showed all that much and have only recently shown more and more.

I had to step back from that conversation. I don't know why, but it hurt to think of everything. I met Sebastian over a year ago and so much has happened. The silent treatment, the incident with his sister, my shut down, meeting his family, the marking, the council, running the business, the test results, my pregnancy. So much has happened in such a short span of time and I wish I could slow everything down and get more time with him.

Maybe it's that part of me wishes I wasn't pregnant. I wish I had more time to cherish with just Bash and I. I wanted more time to be stupid kids and to not be a mother.

"It's not that I don't want you, I really do. I just don't know how I'm gonna be a mommy to you." I whisper as I rub my hand over my stomach. "I'm not sure how mommy is supposed to be a mommy cause I'm not the best at dealing with people. I'm usually a bit mean and insensitive. How am I gonna be everything you need?"

"It doesn't help that your daddy doesn't believe you're a girl." I laugh slightly to myself. "And a name. I gotta come up with a name. Maybe Clara? Reagan? Avery? Mommy should be yelling at your uncles to fix the house, but all she can think about is naming you. Honestly mommy is losing her mind."

"I think mommy is doing the best she can do and that she's gonna be fine." A voice startles me and I see Hudson standing behind the rocking chair next to me.

"And that mommy will eventually find a name. You're doing a great job Jen. Even if you feel lost you're still doing a really incredible job. You should have more faith in yourself. As for time with Bastian? You have a lifetime of memories to make with him. And if alone time is what you want then Eden and I will watch her once she's born. You're forgetting how many sisters Bash has and how many of us are willing to help you. You're not alone Jenny."

"Have I ever told you that I love you? Because I do." I pull him into a hug and he messes up my hair. Right before leaves me to go back to my thoughts he smiles down at me and laugh.

"My vote is for Reagan."