24

Sadness has become a blanket for me. It wraps me in its grasp and it clings back onto me as I try and push through my day. Then it holds me closer and closer until I feel suffocated and I'm left here. I'm left in bed because all of my energy was used in the fight to regain normalcy.

So I'm left here in bed as Sebastian watches me carefully and watches as I struggle to get back to a stable place. I watch him as he struggles to maintain composure through all of this.

"If it isn't my favorite girl." Logan walks into the room and I laugh as he takes a seat at the foot of the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Do you want the truth or the answer I give Bash?" I joke and he rolls his eyes before standing up and walking back to the door. "Where are you going?" I laugh and he shakes his head before shutting the door and returning to me.

"I want the truth. Sebastian is in his office and I want the truth because someone has to help you wether you want the help or not."

"I feel like a stupid school girl who is in love and doesn't want to be. I love Sebastian with all my heart and I know what he did was wrong, but I can't help loving him. I don't want to lie in bed with him or kiss him because I'm angry. Yet somehow I want to do those things because I love him. I'm in a predicament unlike any other."

"No sweetie that's called your future husband has bad luck and slept with a spiteful wench."

"And I have bad luck because my future husband slept with a spiteful wench." I joke.

"You're lucky you got someone like Sebastian. You could've gotten someone like Garrett." He laughs and I nod in agreement. "But the main point is that you got a great guy who just so happened to really screw up and put you in danger. However, you do need him in order to heal and maybe if you continue to spend time with him you'll loosen your grip on the anger."

"I don't want to be angry but I feel like I need to be at least slightly angry. If I don't get angry he's gonna think I'll allow anything and that's not the case."

"Nobody thinks you allow everything. You're the last person he thinks he can pull one over on. He's downstairs contacting every pack possible with ties to a witch who might have a clue how to break his curse. He's focusing on a solution and he's got strict orders to report back to you before you go to bed."

"I'm not going to lie. It's been very boring waiting for him to come back to me. Plus the whole mate bond and mark doesn't help me missing him."

"What have you been doing since you got up?"

"Ate the food Bash brought me and then I just sat reading some paperwork."

"What type of paperwork?" He asks as I hand it over.

"This is paper work about a dinner with alphas and a meeting with other packs. This is boring." He continues to joke with me. "On a real though, this is fucking boring."

"Yes but at least I'm being informed before he leaves unlike other times. I made him promise to keep me in the loop so he's been delivering me the schedules for the next few weeks. He also has me noting whatever I find to be of conflict with my plans."

As the last sentence leaves my mouth he raises an eyebrow before losing the look of confusion and replacing it with a smile.

"What?" I smile back.

"He's finally catching on."

"What's that mean?" I sit up straighter before placing the papers on the side table.

"He's involving you but he's finally making it a deal between you guys. He's not making plans without your approval which, for him, is a big deal. He likes the control and he's finally loosening his death grip."

"He's doing better for you and his pack."