14

there is a slight trigger warning for this chapters so if you want to skip this chapter you can skip to the next and be able to continue without missing too much
***

"Ashley really likes you." Bash calls to me as I change out of my clothes and into one of his tee shirts. "She appreciates a good Logan joke so it only makes sense." He adds as he joins me in the walk in closet.

"Well she has a great sense of humor if I do say so myself."

He stays quiet as he stands in the doorway and I know he's looking for me to expand upon my opinions.

"They are all really sweet girls. Even Michelle isn't that bad. I'm just surprised we got her to stay home tonight." I admit as we leave the closet and I start to climb into bed.

I'm honestly not even that tired I just want some quality time with Bash which I haven't gotten in a while. It's been a solid week with him coming to bed late or after I've already fallen asleep. Apparently something with Garrett went wrong and a business transaction failed which caused a bit of drama.

Garrett was supposed to come home the same day of the full moon, but that was a week ago and today before the girls got here Bash was awfully quiet. He mainly stays in the office for most of the day and most of the night and he's only come out because his sisters are here. I for one am going to take full advantage of that.

"How happy are you that we're together?" He asks and I wrap my arms around his torso.

"How happy were you when I stopped giving you the silent treatment?"

"Touché."

"So when they leave tomorrow I'm gonna have to find Garrett so I won't be here for the majority of the week." He admits after I let silence consume us.

"Are you gonna tell me why he's a week late and why you have to find him?" I counter and he takes a deep breath. "You eventually have to tell me what the business is and why Garrett went missing. I'm not gonna support mission impossible trips to save him if I don't know what's going on in the first place."

I wanted answers last week, but never got them. I've been so busy recovering from how bad my heat was that I completely forgot to get answers.

"Especially if you're going to be gone for a week and only now tell me when it's too late for me to object. You can't smooth this over with cuddles Bash." I stop hugging him and I pull the covers off my body as the realization sets in. "I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight because I'm too angry to look at you."

"Jenifer." He calls, but I'm stubborn. I'm not going to act like I'm okay with this. However, there is never a dull moment in this house and that's why I crash into Ashley while leaving the room.

"I need to talk to you and Bash." She grabs my arm and I nod while stepping back into his room.

"Before you yell at me, I didn't know about it and I would've tried to stop her if I knew. I also tried to find her myself before bothering you because I'm not a snitch but I'm worried." She starts to ramble and I immediately know what's going on. I pull her into the closet and I shut the door. She continues to give me worried eyes and I grab my leggings.

"Ashley and I will be back soon." I announce and I slip on a pair of flip flops.

"Where are you two going and what were you saying Ashley?"

"Nope you don't get that information. Especially when you're leaving tomorrow and only now tell me. We'll be back." I shut the door behind us before rushing downstairs with Ashley right behind me.