13

"So can I go to the party?"

That's not a great way to start a dinner conversation but Michelle thinks it is.

"Really? It's useless to try and bargain with him. Do you remember my best friends birthday? I'm seventeen and wasn't allowed to go to a party that even he was invited to." Ashley chimes in while rolling her blue eyes and pushing her long hair out of her face.

"Jen were you allowed to go to parties?"

Well crap.

Do I try and befriend these girls? Or do I answer how I assume Bash wants me to answer. Judging by the look on his face I shouldn't answer at all.

"I mean I'm twenty. So yes, I can go to parties, but no my brother didn't let me go to any when I was your age." I direct my answer to Michelle and she sees right through my response.

"Do you always lie to make him happy?"

"She's not lying Michelle." Hudson stops her and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Do you remember Alpha Harris?" He asks her, but I'm not sure where he's taking this.

"Yes, now what does this have to do with anything? I was asking Jen a question."

"You're forgetting that Alpha Harris has a little sister and that sister is Jen. Jen wasn't going anywhere at fifteen." Logan finishes his brothers comment and I am extremely thankful they backed me up. We all know that if I failed to appear truthful Michelle was gonna use it against Bash and that would only come back to haunt me.

"Wait your brother is an Alpha too?" Ashley adds in and I nod while moving my food around my plate as a way to distract myself. "Yeah Michelle she didn't go to any parties at your age."

"What age did you go to parties?"

Fourteen.

I shouldn't have been at them, but everyone was too busy trying to help Trevor get acquainted to being an Alpha. He had been alpha for about two years at that point but he was still being heavily guided by my father.

"Enough you two. My answer is still no because you're too young. Not to mention it's not just my rule. Its mom and dads rule which I have to enforce."

I can tell he thinks the rule is stupid when it comes to Ashley, but Michelle? I know that only bad things happened to me at parties when I was her age. As for Bash? I can tell he's snuck out a few times. There's no hiding that the Alpha boy and his best friends were party animals.

"We want to get to know her. It's just a question."

"Ask normal questions like her favorite color." Lacey smiles and I smile back.

"No you don't. The last time we had this conversation we had a fight that lasted a few days." Logan stops everyone and I'm quickly reminded of how we first met.

"That's because he's out of his mind and won't accept that black is my favorite color."

"That's because Logan is a dick." Ashley laughs from across the table and I can't help but give her a smile.

"What have I ever done to you?!"

"Do you remember my friend Rebecca?" She asks and I can tell that I am going to love Ashley more than anything.

"She did not look seventeen."

"Wait you actually slept with her?" Her eyes widen and I am shocked to say the least.

I didn't think dinner would come with a show.

"I think I'm done, can I to my room?" Lacey asks me and I place a hand on her leg.

"Of course."

"Steph come on!" She calls to her younger sister as she walks out of the room leaving the rest of us to listen to the story.

"Now that the children are gone, do you wanna explain yourself?" I ask Logan and Ashley leans back in her seat while looking very interested.

"Yes dear brother please explain. You know, because the guy I consider my brother seems to have fucked my best friend."

"I have to agree with my sister on this one." Michelle adds in, but what gets me laughing the most is the look on Hudson's face.

"Bro, you got with a seventeen year old. How drunk were you?"

"I would like to plead the fifth, but at the same time I think this is a good example of why we shouldn't go to parties and drink Michelle."

He's really trying to spin this around.

"Also she has found her mate and moved on so I think we should just forget about this. It was consensual and had I known she was six years younger I wouldn't have slept with her."

"Well this was a great first family dinner with Jen." Ashley jokes after we all fall silent and I nod in agreement.

"It's always a good day when Logan gets embarrassed."