26

"I love you but you're an absolute idiot." I toss a small throw pillow at Bash as he continues to mock me from the doorway of his own office.

"It's just quite amusing that, for some odd reason, you're playing boss lady in my chair." He continues to laugh. "I believe that is my job."

"I happen to be reading over what you have planned for this month." I point at the calendar on his desk and he starts to walk closer and eventually picks me up. "Put me down." I smack him as he takes a seat and places me in his lap.

"I was going to if you would wait a second." He whispers into my hair before leaving kisses on my cheek. "And yes this month is busy and we were going to wait to talk about this at dinner, but we can do it now."

"First off we have a meeting with the wolf council. It's a bit hectic but it's because we have to introduce you as my mate. Then we have the annual black tie event with the council followed by a wedding for another pack. I know you're not a big fan of the whole dressing up thing, but I know you'll look beautiful." He mumbles into my neck before leaving kisses on my mark. "It's gonna be over before you know it. Plus we already have the dresses picked up by Ashley and she approved along with my mother. It'll be fine."

He said dresses.

"And you're telling me that I have to wear dresses to each of these events?" I ask while grabbing his face in my hands. "You're so lucky that I love you and that I think you look awfully sexy in a suit."

"It was once and you're already turned on?"

"You know how turned on you get when I'm in my lingerie, that's how turned on I am when you're in a suit." I pull at his hair and I feel his canines scratching at my skin. "And when do I get to see these dresses? Am I supposed to be looking proper and that I mean business or am I supposed to be sweet and innocent?"

"I'm supposed to be introducing you as a leader of one of the biggest and most valuable packs. As for the gala, you're supposed to look like the princess you are, and unfortunately we can't let you show up the bride of the wedding so we went with something a bit more toned down."

I can only imagine how extra this family decided to be. I am gonna end up looking like Cinderella appeared and loaned me an outfit.

"You'll look stunning trust me." He adds again before grabbing at some paperwork. "And as for what you'll need to know, you'll just have to tell them the truth. They want the truth of how we met, how I marked you, what is currently our relationship, and how you aid in the pack."

"I mean I aid the alpha with some fun tasks." I smirk and he scoffs. "Oh I mean I help out with decision making revolving around the relationships we have with other packs and with other businesses." I sober up and he claps. "Was that good enough or do I add more?"

"The only thing you have to worry about is when they ask about your old pack and your family. They're gonna ask about your teenage years."

"Well prepare them for a shitshow."

——

"Bash, love, can you please come zip up my dress?" I shout across the room."I love it but it feels a bit extra." I cringe as I flatten out the material around my abdomen.

We are at the Wolf Councils mansion and when I say mansion, I mean this place might as well be a country club. There are over fifty rooms with a grand ballroom and everything. Supposedly we are to meet with the council before the gala.

"You look stunning." He kisses me on the check before placing his hands on my waist. "Please stand still." Once I'm zippered into my dress I continue to stare down at the white fabric adorning my body.

"Am I going insane, or do I look like I'm gonna murder any future threats?" I mumble with a small laugh.

"You look like my future."