16

there is a slight trigger warning for this chapters so if you want to skip this chapter you can skip to the next and be able to continue without missing too much
***

I spent the night with Michelle and during that time she didn't tell me everything but she told me what happened. She told me how she wanted to have sex and that she was comfortable at first, but that she wasn't at a certain point afterwards and didn't know how to leave. By that point I arrived and she felt like she was caught.

That when I had to suck it up and put on a poker face because I was in a similar position a year ago. The only difference is that I spent so much time telling myself it was fine and that I didn't regret it. Thankfully Michelle is being more upfront with her emotions and isn't bottling them up the way I did.

I sat with her the whole night until she fell asleep and even then I stayed up making sure she was okay. I wasn't going to leave her alone even if she said she was fine and just scared that she was in trouble.

I spent my night alone after the gamma and I could've used somebody. I could've used a female figure who wasn't going to judge me or look down at me for even wanting to have sex in the first place.

"Have you been up all night?" Michelle asks as she sits up and I shake my head. "You're a bad liar Jenifer."

"I wanted to be up in case you needed me." I explain as I push her hair from her face and she gives me a weak smile before standing up.

"Do you have any clothes? Do you want to borrow some of mine?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I have some in my room, but thanks."

"I'm gonna go downstairs and talk to your brother okay?" I catch her as she goes to leave and she looks terrified at my mentioning of Bash.

"Did you tell him?" She asks cautiously.

"Honey I think he knows what happened last night but I didn't tell him any details. You talk about it when you're ready, but trust me nobody will blame you if you don't want to tell your brother that you had sex." I assure her while forcing a smile. "Bash also said he wouldn't tell your parents because I told him that it's none of his business unless you involve him. But I do want you to talk to someone about what happened and it doesn't have to be your family or me, but I want you to know I'm here for you whenever you need me." I try to comfort her but she takes a step back from the door and takes a seat on the bed again with a solemn look on her face.

"What happened to you Jenifer?" She asks as she looks up at me. "That was rude I'm sorry."

"No it's fine Michelle. I had done a similar thing except the guy was my age and I most definitely regretted it. I went to a party on another packs land and things got out of control. I wanted to sleep with someone because I was upset that I still hadn't found my mate. I went upstairs with this guy and once it started I wanted to stop. I knew that it wasn't right but he was so drunk and I was confused and I just felt like the world was spinning. The guy left right after and I just sat there confused about what happened. I didn't know what to do or where my friends were. I had to call my brother to come get me. He knew I had sex, he just didn't know the truth. He thought I wanted to do it as a fuck you to the mate I didn't meet."

"You didn't have to tell me that Jen."

"I told you because I want you to know that someone else knows how you're feeling. I don't want you to make the mistakes I made. Trust me, I made a lot of them instead of just talking to someone or trusting someone. I hurt myself more by pretending I was happy about it."

"How do I face Bash?"

"Bash has his own regrets and his own demons to deal with. He can't judge you for yours and if he does I'll deal with him. You don't have to feel guilty for something like this. You wanted to have sex and that's understandable at your age, but you have to be safe about these things."

"If you want me to I can explain everything to him or I can let you tell him. We don't tell him anything."

"If I tell him do you think he's gonna get mad?" She asks and judging from yesterday's shouting match I had with him, he should know better than to be mad at her.

"He might get angry at the situation but he's not mad at you. He wants to protect you and he's gonna be angry because he'll feel like he didn't protect you."

"Can you come with me to tell him?"

"Of course I can. Do you want to get dressed first?" I ask and she nods. "I'll meet you downstairs."

I slip on a pair of socks and I make my way down the cold wooden steps to the office where Bash is sitting at his computer with his brow furrowed.

"Knock knock." I try to joke and he looks up offering a quick smile before looking back at the screen.

"So I just got done talking to Michelle and she wants to tell you want happened last night." I speak up which grabs his attention.

"But I came here to warn you that she's nervous you're gonna be mad and I told her you wouldn't get mad at her. You can be upset that it happened actually but you can't take it out on her. She's got enough to deal with."

"So do I need to go after a human?" Hudson comes up behind me and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"You're not supposed to act like you know anything. And no, we aren't going after anybody because that's her decision to make and I don't think that's what she wants."

"I'm going for a run. I'll be back before the girls leave." He pats me on the head before jogging to the front door.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you yesterday. I just want to make sure Michelle is okay. Same with you." He sighs and I shrug. "I also didn't forget the other reason why you stormed off with Ashley." He apologizes after a few moments of silence pass by.

"Whatever happened to Garrett obviously was not supposed to happen, so I'm going to assume he's in deep shit and you want to save him. I'm not going to tell you to let your best friend die, but I'm not happy that you sprung it on me last night. I would've taken to it better had you said it three days ago."

"I'm also not worried about that anymore. Go get Garrett and save the day I'll be fine. My main concern is Michelle and making sure she is okay and doesn't feel like a pariah."