44

"She seems really off." Sebastian comments on Ashley who is looking awfully sad as she sits in our living room waiting for Piper to come over and explain everything to her.

Tommy spoke to Sebastian and he honestly took it very well and was happy to know that his sister was going to end up with a really good guy. Sebastian decided to consult Piper and to try and get to the bottom of everything and it's possible that she is going through what I went through after I was marked. Maybe she just needs to spend more time with her wolf and Tommy to know about everything.

Well it's either that or she needs to shift more and start training with her wolf more frequently.

"Well I wonder why Bash." I roll my eyes and he rolls his back at my sarcasm. "She thinks she doesn't have a mate, I'd be devastated as well." I answer in all seriousness.

"Hey!" Tommy walks in and Ashley looks up and smiles instantly. "What are you doing here?" He asks and her smile falters, but quickly is replaced with a bigger smile as she starts to laugh.

"I live here."

"Since when?" He looks at me and I point to Milo who is sprawled out in Bash's arms as he stands rocking her back and forth. That kid can sleep anywhere, but she keeps getting bigger and it stressful. Its started to become a worry for Bash and I. She's five months old and is about as developed as a one year old. She's started picking up on words and is almost able to walk. It's all going too fast. It still feels like I just gave birth two weeks ago.

We've spoken to Piper about it and she believes isn't nothing to worry about unless she continues to grow this fast after a year.

I think I want another opinion.

Call it a mother's instincts, but I'm gonna worry for my daughter because I rather be safe than sorry. I assumed Bash would agree with me but he refuses to believe it's out of the norm. I'll mention it to him every so often, but every time I mention it he reminds me that I can't get another opinion because if another doctor sees her they'll know she's not a boy.

Even if I went without Bash, they'll know I'm a Luna based on my mark.

So instead of getting another doctor to check in on her I got the second best thing; Ashley.

"Since we've needed an extra set of eyes to watch Milo." I explain to Tommy and he nods before motioning to the back door. I follow him outside and we take a seat.

It's been about two weeks since he told me and since then, him and Ashley have gotten closer. They bonded a bit during the drive to my brothers pack and I don't think I've seen Tommy look so happy. I tried my hardest to keep them in the same vicinity but I had other priorities... Mainly my brother freaking the fuck out that I have a daughter.

Trevor actually lost his mind when he met Milo. He was very happy to know she was partially named after him, but wasn't too happy that Bash and I were the parents of the second girl ever to be an alpha. Thankfully the majority of the trip was still really sweet and wholesome. Once we got home, however, I went straight to solving this mystery.

Some would call me invasive, maybe even nosey, but I would say that I'm a bored stay at home mom who has nothing better to do.

"So tell me everything." I gush at my future 'brother in law'.

"I ran into Piper on the way here. She told me that she can't pinpoint what's wrong with her wolf but that I need to spend time with her. I need to get closer to her and see if it helps. How do I do that? She's not going to get close to me because she thinks she's got a mate out there and that it isn't me."

"Just come over, you're more than welcome to move in." I laugh and he shakes his head. "I'll talk to Bash, see if you can move in. I just want to get you and Ashley a happy ending like I got with Bastian. I have my baby girl and I have my mate. Ashley is my best friend and I'd do anything to make sure she finally gets you as her mate."

"How about I just come by every now and then for starters?" He brings me back down to Earth.

"Or even better, why don't we just have you train her. You're basically stationed at the house most of the time, so we might as well get you guys to spend time together."

"Sounds great, but whose gonna tell lazy bean that she has to train with me now?"

He calls her lazy bean? That's adorable.

"You can, just tell her I told you so."

"She's gonna know you're plotting something Jen." He tries to point out and I laugh.

I love Ash, but she's dense, nothing is hitting her unless you tell her out right.

"Oh you must not know her very well yet. I hope you guys have fun at training tomorrow morning."

——————————————————

MUST READ

The next chapter will be the last chapter of this story and thus will conclude book one of the series!

Book two will be out shortly after the end of the last chapter and I hope you all will continue and read that story as well.

Thank you all for voting and commenting!