05

During the ride, there was some small talk between the two of you. Small talk as in just random things Jimin tried to get out of you like; what's your favourite food, or what's your favourite colour, as he still doesn't know more than your name about you and he's not really a social butterfly, more like an intimidating spider...

  "You're not very good at starting conversations you know, National Geographic" you retorted after you answered your favourite animal and he started reciting a whole Wikipedia article about it's origins; and somehow linked the animal to dinosaurs.

"Well, you're not much help" he scoffed, looking away from you.
"Ok, what's your shoe size?" you joked and earned a small chuckle from him, poking at your satisfaction.

Soft breathing layered over the relaxing sound of tires running on the tarmac road, you played with your thumbs through the short silence, trying to bring yourself to speak up and ask him something that's been picking at you for a while, and right now.

You cleared your throat.
"Jimin?"

"Yeah?" He immediately turned to you.
"Why didn't you disagree to marrying me?" you questioned, hesitant.
"Really? This again?" He sighed, "I already told you. I don't want to have to deal with my parents pushing me to marry someone anymore"
"No..I guess, what I mean is..why don't you hate this as much as I do?"  You asked softly.
He kept quiet briefly before peering out of his window, resting his elbow on the small ledge there, grazing his fingers across his chin back and forth as you patiently waited for a response; the silence tormenting you.

"What makes you think I don't hate this as much as you do? I'm only marrying you because you're my best bet. And nothing more"

Creasing your eyebrows, and coming to a realisation of this man, you didn't reply, stared down at your lap and stayed, lips shut for the rest of the ride.

~

This time, you were to dine at an Italian restaurant - not that it particularly peaked your interest or anything but Jimin did inform you of that when you had arrived; you responding with nothing but a small shift in your seat.

"We're here." The chauffeur said, looking at you and Jimin from the rear view mirror.
Jimin nodded and got out of the car by himself, walking round the back of the car to the pavement side.

You stayed in your seat, waiting for Jimin to open your door for you like a gentleman; the least he could do as basic mannerisms.

He did not.

He was sauntering to the opening of the restaurant, but stopped altogether when you weren't by his side.
He swivelled round and saw you still in the car, arms crossed and staring straight forward, clearly pissed for a reason he was unaware of.
He, confused and walked back to the car and knocked on your window.
You stayed still though you're one for jump scares.

"Seriously" he mumbled and frowned. Jimin opened the door and you finally made your way out of the car.

"Right, let's go" You huffed, straightening out your dress, starting for the entrance.
"I'm beginning to rethink this marriage" he exhaled, shutting the door when you were only 2 steps ahead, able to hear what he just said.
"I was rethinking this marriage from the very start." You said under your breath in response to him, not bothering to look back to him taking a deep breath in and out, hearing what you said.