24

You entered the office, closing the doors behind you, blocking off the bodyguards outside. Waddling your way over to the desk, your arms finally felt free as the weight of papers you had to haul from the far printer to this office was lifted off of them, crashing down onto the wooden table.
You heaved, taking a breath and wiping the sweat off your face, then you heard the door open, startling you.

  Swivelling round, you saw Jimin calmly walk through, shuffling a maximum of 3 papers in his hand, staring down at them while whistling a repetitive melody.

Noticing a presence from the top of his eye, he brought his head up and his eyebrows raised, "Hey sweetie, what are you doing here?"
"I um.." you stood up straight, holding your arms out to his desk with a cracked smile on your face "I finished all the work you assigned me"

His expression - head tilted, eyebrows furrowing inwards, lips parted - read a mixture of unconvinced and surprised, "Really?"
"Yeah.." your eyes shot to the side wall and back to Jimin, nervous at his unexpected response.

"I thought that work would take you a day at the least," he shifted his stance, "I mean, it was a lot of work" he emphasised.
"What can I say?," you chuckled unevenly, "I'm a hardworking assistant"
"Can I check? If you don't mind" He asked politely out of pure concern and curiosity, though, this question put you even more on edge than you already were.

"S-sure"

  He made his way to his desk where you had just plopped all the papers down in no tidy manner, but he didn't seem to mind, just going straight to observe the first paper on top.

You gulped from next to him, twiddling your fingers and Jimin looked you up and down, hesitating, "Why are you nervous?"
"I-I'm not nervous" you made a face at him, feeling attacked that he knew how you were feeling right now.
"Hey, it's okay, you don't need to be scared. If I find a mistake in here, it's perfectly fine, I'm not going to be angry at you" he softened.
"Really?" The corner of your mouth quirked like it was being pulled by an invisible string.

"Of course," he scoffed lightly, "I mean, you did this work 2 days early. If we find a mistake in here, you have more than enough time to fix it"
You showed a comforting smile to him and he returned it, going back to checking the papers. After properly inspecting 5 papers, he resorted to briefly scanning over to the remaining 30 in the span of just a few seconds, amazing you.

"Ok, I don't really see any mistakes in here, but I think it would be good to proof read all of this just in case. But you did an amazing job" he praised.
You turned smitten, cheeks a tint of pink, "Thank you"
"You didn't have to finish it all today" he sympathised, "how long did this take you?"
"Only 3 hours-" you saw him raise his eyebrows, "I mean it's fine," you quickly added on, "I had the rest of the day free, so I thought it would be best to get it over and done with now"

"I wanted a hardworking assistant, but I didn't mean this hard" he chuckled.
"I think the words you're looking for are thank you" you teased, a smirk on your face.
He chuckled once more, "Thank you, sweetie"
"No problem, Mr Park"

He looked down while exhaling, a familiar grin having crept up on his face and then he walked round the desk slowly to come face to face with you.

"You know why I asked you to call me that, right" his voice was incredibly deeper and he took your hands in his.
"I mean, possibly..considering it was blatantly written all over your face" you contradicted yourself, bringing your right hand up to caress his cheek, for physical effect.
"Alright, don't get too cocky, Mrs" he warned with an arched eyebrow.
"Ah, I see what you did there" you pointed at his mention of Mrs.
"Come here" he cooed with a smug, toothy grin, pulling you closer, but you made sure to keep your distance, not giving him what he wanted.