32

-Part 2-

  The haze that was blasting music, the aroma of food and Liz' story all came back to reality when you felt a playful nudge on your shoulder. "Hey, hey, remember the time when you were dressed up as cinderella; walking around the house in Mum's oversized heels, treading on your long dress, acting as if the living room was a ballroom. Oh my god, you were so into it!"
"Awhh" Mia chuckled.
"Well, yeah..when anyone is that age they have an imagination and usually like to play dress up. You know, at least I didn't play the evil step sister for two seconds, only to manipulate the other person" you emphasised throughout the sentence in flashback aggravation to your younger days.
"Oh yeahh." She reminisced joyfully, making you roll your eyes at the wrongly achieved reaction, "I can't believe you actually fell for that!"
"What? What did she fall for?" A girl, Anne asked. You used to go to high school with her and are still in fairly close contact with her - hence why she was here.
"I told her that until she did all my chores for a week, she couldn't go to the ball and find her prince to be. And she actually did all my chores, for a WHOLE WEEK." Your sister raved. I mean, with the way she was telling this story you would've thought she got Leonardo Di Caprios number or something.
"You told me that's how the story actually went!" You exasperated, defending yourself to not make little Y/n look like a fool.  
"You've seen the movie before, why did you believe me?" She laughed. 
"Why did you believe me" You mumbled in annoyance under your breath, rolling your eyes as she laughed once more, "I think it's worthy to mention that I was six at the time, so I would've believed just about anything. And if you were wondering, because I did all those chores for a week," you side eyed your sister, "I was able to go to the ball"
Everyone shared a humoured chuckle.

  "Oh, but there was still one problem." Liz pointed out, a sinful grin on her face. "When you cried again-"
"What? What did she cry about now?" Mia interrupted unnecessarily, a ludic smile playing on her lips.
"Now?" you repeated, eyes widening at her as she left your threatening gaze sheepishly.

  "Remember when you, Jimin, JiHyun and Mark were playing dress up outside," god I know where this stupid story is going already, "and you were Cinderella and they were your knights or something, and then you came running inside the house to me, bawling your eyes out because neither JiHyun nor Jimin wanted to be your prince, and you whined because you said you would never get to be a princess?" She said between her constant chuckles.
"I didn't cry," you corrected, folding your arms tight, "it was one tear." You snapped as if that made the fact that you were crying any less true.
"Oh, was it? Cause the way I remember it is very contradicting" she proceeded to imitate the way you cried that day, wiping her eyes constantly, hiccuping short breaths, sniffling her nose, and you had to be honest - though you didn't want to - it was very believable.
Everyone laughed, tears almost spilling out their eyes.
"Alright, alright" you gently nudged her, annoyed, but still humoured. 
"Haha"

~

  Neither Jimin not NiHyun wanted to be your prince; Jimin didn't want to be your prince.

  You thought about that sentence quite religiously after you had heard it; recollecting the old days, when you were all children. Back when every moment with little Jimin was living hell because he was plain rude and didn't know any better than to name call and push you away. 

  But as you two grew older, though some attitude still lingered in him, he quickly became a gentleman, never calling you names, and rarely pushing you away - rarely because he was closer with your brother than he was with you.
You didn't notice it back then, but he was warming up to you. However, you didn't have much care for it, because as teenagers stereotypically do, you stayed in your room, not taking any interest or liking to him but instead focusing on that popular boy band you forgot the name of now.

  You didn't think he cared about you, considering how much of a little bitch he was, and he never seemed to want to talk to you. And so you had no blatant care for him back - but that didn't mean you didn't miss him when he left.
Realistically, you didn't miss him that much - it was actually only a tad bit - but you still regretted not spending a little more time with him, or even acknowledging him when he was there. 

  "I'm going to this new school in Busan."

"Oh, really?" You lifted your head slowly from your phone to Jimin for the first time ever. 
"Yeah. My dad wants us to go to a private school now. Its gonna be way stricter , but it is pretty cool. They have a swimming pool and a huge soccer field."
"That sounds cool."
"Hm. So, that means we probably won't see each other anymore"  he said, pursing his beautifully plump lips for only a 15 year old. 
The corner of your lip quirked, almost mimicking him as you struggled to think of what to say, "I guess so" you shrugged. 
He paused, clearly struggling to keep this boring and awkward conversation going, "well, it was fun while it lasted"
You hummed in response.

  Your parents hadn't split ways, but the children did; your sister was going to university, Jimin changing school, and you two stayed separated in university, and so it was reasonable he and your underlying guilt had completely slipped your mind.
But now it's the complete antithesis; if someone had told you you were going to be this close with Jimin, you wouldn't laughed till your stomach hurt. It's amazing really, how you two are together again.
It's like your relationship was a roundabout (or a traffic circle in the US I think); you started off seeing each other almost everyday after school and during school as mere child enemies, then your cars stopped riding alongside one another as you parted ways to get on with your own life, and finishing the end of the circle, you two ended up together again. But this time, in utter and pure love.

  You wondered what would've happened to you if the circle..never finished. Or, if within that roundabout your and Jimins cars crashed, unable to figure out how to fix the predicament and continue on with this never ending circle of what was supposed to be love; not anger, frustration and regret.

  "Hey, you okay?"