37

"Alright, you're sure you've packed everything you need?" Mr Park asked as Jimin hauled his suitcase down the stairs, his muscles bulging out of his plain black t-shirt from the weight of all his belongings.
"Yeah," He huffed, standing upright, "I mean, we did pack two days ago and have checked the list like 10 times alre-"
"Have you got sunscreen?" Your mother interrupted hastily, disregarding what Jimin was just explaining. You were about to answer her but couldn't as she continued to list the things that you would need for your trip, yet already had "sunhat, sunglasses? toiletries? reef shoes?"
"Ye-"
She tusked in recollection, halting you once again, "Oh, did you pack some bug spray. I heard theres loads of insects in Fiji, especially at the season you two are going."
"Bug spray?" You questioned and her eyes widened.
"YOU DIDN'T PACK BUG SPRAY?!"

Your father walked over to your mother, putting his hand on her shoulder, "I think what your mother means to say is, have a lovely honeymoon" he scolded down at her, who had a sheepish smile growing on her face.
She nervously laughed, scratching the back of her neck "eheh, y-yeah that too"
"We'll be fine, mum" You sympathised, going over to comfort her. To be honest, you weren't expecting any less of this kind of behaviour from her. In fact, if she wasn't worried, that'd make you concerned, as this was the first time you were going outside of the country without your parents; it sounds quite unbelievable, however, your job never required you to travel, nor did you ever take up the offers your friends would give you.
"We've packed everything. And don't worry Mrs Y/l/n, I'll make sure to take good care of Y/n, trust me" Jimin reassured your mother, who had a warm smile.
"Ah, I know." She swatted her hand, "And Jimin, please call me mother. We're family now"
The corners of Jimin's lips upturned, truly heartfelt by your mothers words that he had the consent to call your mum his, accepted as a part of the family now "Of course. Thank you, mother"

Disrupted from this sweet moment, from the corner of your eye you spotted Mark lifting himself up from his seat next to Liz at your kitchen island and head towards Jimin, who jumped a little in surprise at this unexpected face to face action with him.
"Jimin, you better keep your word and take care of my sister while she's so far away" Mark pointed his finger close to Jimin's chest, squinting his eyes and glaring him down though he was a few centimetres shorter. Jimin's eyebrows raised as he glanced to the side over at you, who had a humoured grin on your face, causing him to mirror your expression. He gently put down Mark's pointed finger "You know I will, Mark"
"Aha I know I'm just messing with ya." He laughed, patting his hand on Jimin's shoulder in a contrastingly friendly way to his tone earlier, "Of course, still take care of her, but while you're there, can you get me a souvenir. I'd like one of those cool carved masks to hang up in my room"
"Sure, anybody else got any suggestions?" You asked, looking around as it would make finding gifts for everyone much easier, giving you and Jimin more time to relax.
"Can you get me like a bracelet or necklace" Liz spoke up in the background through biting her apple.
"Just make sure you get me something cool" JiHyun said, not having anything particular in mind.

"Mum, dad?" You asked, turning to your parents and your father spoke up, a warm smile on his face.
"You can buy us anything, or nothing. It's perfectly fine, but.." He started while walking slowly up to Jimin, hands in his pockets, stare rather intimidating with a strong pokerface. Your father halted just an inch away from Jimin who was leaning back, looking anxiously up at your father with his lips parted, "Just make sure you guys have a good time with, leisurely activities" He emphasised earnestly and close to Jimin's face.
"Y-yes sir.." Jimin stuttered, nodding uncontrollably.
"Good," Your father smiled, now beaming "have a nice trip!"

-

"God, I'm so tired" Jimin prolonged in a grunt when you finally exited the torrid airport, only to have the sun blazing down directly on you two. "And hot" He added, more irritated as he tried to fan himself with his unfortunate black shirt.
"Yeah, it is..hotter than we expected it to be."
As any person with common sense would do, you did check the weather in Fiji beforehand so you'd have a clear idea on what clothes exactly to pack. However, it seems that your South Korean weather was no match in preparing you for your foreshadowing scorching and sweltering days to come. Luckily, you were wearing a blank white tank top underneath a thin cardigan with light jeans, whereas Jimin thought it was a good idea to go with a black top and grey sweatpants. At first, you thought you could never picture him in sweats and simply lounging around seeing as how uptight and business acquainted he was, but getting to know him thankfully showed you the relatable, laidback side of him.
"Oh yeah, like you can talk," He retorted, looking you up and down. "I was already hot in that 12 hour plane ride" he continued to whine, making you chuckle.
"Ok, you have a point. But the sooner we get to the hotel room, the sooner we can get out you out of those drenched clothes, take a shower, and then browse around and such"
Jimin's eyes suddenly lit up at your sentence, "Browse around, and then?.." He leaned forward, eyebrows cocked upwards as if he urged you to say more, but you weren't paying attention as you were checking your phone for directions to the nearest car rental.
"Er, I don't know. Maybe grab something to eat and more browsing so we can see what is in store here"
He suddenly groaned, making you almost drop your phone as you didn't take notice of him now right behind you from his spot earlier which was a few inches away "I have to wait after showering, browsing and eating?"
"You have to wait for what?" You questioned, turning around to face him.
"You know" He grinned, pulling you to him by your waist and you knew what he meant without a second thought.
Your lips pursed, the corner raising in a sly expression "You mean, you have to wait for something leisurely?" you emphasised in the same tone.
Jimin's eyes went wide for a second before he gave off another groan at your tease about your fathers warning and you laughed.