Nothing

It felt like someone was jostling him. Grumbling, he rolls to his other side hoping whoever it was would leave him alone.

"Come on wake up, ma drogue. Bitch-San needs you." Was that Laito? He's the only one who calls me that. Still don't know what that means though. I'll have to look it up. Wait did he say Yui needs me? Immediately he sat up, he felt pain and realized he'd bumped his head against Laito's. Mumbling an apology, he took a moment to assess his surroundings. There were posters for flu shots and other medical shit Hinata didn't understand. Something caught his eye, a girl lay on a bed beside him, her blond hair fanned around her, she was heavily injured, bandages covered most of her face and her arm was in a brace.

That girl...It can't be Yui, can it?

"Im sure your wondering what occurred to Komori-San. She was beaten and left in the girls bathroom, most likely by her fellow classmates. She seemed to communicate with you and you collapsed because of the soul link." Reiji informed, tilting his glasses up as he did. Hinata was not an easily angered person, he was chill about most things and didn't stress too much about much. But one of the things that drove him mad was when someone hurt those close to him.

"Who. Did. This?" His voice was even, sharp enough to cut.  His head swam with thoughts. Distantly he could hear Laito talking

Who could do this? Who was so cruel, so disgustingly heartless to do this? Yui is a sweet girl there was no one except-

"We don't know yet. But we're looking now-"

"There's no need. I know who it is. I didn't think she would do anything. I thought- and now Yui was beaten to the inch of her life because of me." Hinata slumped his shoulders in shame, his bent down to hide his burning eyes. Dammit this is all my fault. If I hadn't- I don't know what I could have done but my choice was wrong. Yui is suffering cause of it. A dark cloud of thought spun in his mind. He felt deeply ashamed. He had failed as a mate. He deserved to just die-

"It's not your fault. They made the decision to attack her. They showed their true natures, you are not responsible for anyone else's actions. Just your own." Surprisingly these words came from Shu, who was lounding on a chair near the door. His brothers looked just as surprised. Rarely did Shu speak up and even more surprising were the comforting words he had given to Hinata. The raven looked at him with wide eyes, before he smiled at him gratefully.
"Thanks I know your right but I can't help it. Seeing her like this", he turned his attention to Yui, "It hurts. I know she's strong, she'll pull through. But this would never have happened if-

"If? There are a lot of thing than could have happened. Those things  irrelevant. Only what happened matters. This happened. The question is what are you gonna do about it?" Reiji said with a raised eyebrow.

"Isn't it obvious we're gonna teach those girls a lesson." Ayato exclaimed.

"Why do you care? You never bothered with the human before." Laito pointed out. Ayato flushed red.

"Shut up! I don't have to explain myself to you. This human belongs to yours truly. Whoever messed with my blood is gonna have to deal with me." Ayato said. Hinata suspected that wasn't all to it but decided to leave it for another time, they had more important things to worry about.
"Will you ever stop. We all know your just a big Tsundere for the human." Subaru said in irritation. Ayato blushes slightly, his green eyes sharpened.

"Yeah like you have room to talk!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Subaru punched a hole into the wall.

"Subaru do not damage school property."
Reiji said coolly , tilting his glasses up.

"No one invited you into this Reiji! Stay the fuck out!" Ayato exclaimed. Reiji glared at him, a dark glint in his eye.
"All of you are too loud." Shu commented. The blond then proceeded to put his ear phones in and ignored them.

"Everyone. Focus." Hinata spoke up. The brother's drew their attention to him. He knelt beside Yui's bed, holding her hand that was free of a cast.

"I won't let her get away with this. Please I beg of you help me find her. Don't kill her. I have something much more promising." Some were reluctant to let her live (Ayato, Kanato, Laito) But in the end they resolved to let their human soulmate handle it.

***
It hadn't been hard to find Nikai Yoko and as always she had her small group of friends with her. They were talking about Yui, laughing as they recalled what they did to her.
"Stupid human, I should have fed from her to finish her off. But then I would have willingly intake her filthy blood and I don't know about you guys but I wasn't gonna risk it. I mean have you seen her split ends?" Yoko said obnoxiously. Her friends were quick to agree with her. She nodded in satisfaction before continuing their way to the school parking lot. They had cut school again, it was a common occurrence for them. They were rich and wanted to be pampered not stuck in school staring at boring text books.

"Nikai Yoko." A familiar voice said. Hearing her name, the purple haired girl whipped around to face Hinata. Her friend following close to her. They were like mirrors of her, always copying and agreeing with her. Pathetic. Hinata thought. They hang on her like leeches, growing off her wealth forsaking their own selves to enjoy their pampered life styles.

"Hinata! Oh baby I knew you'd come back to me. You saw her didn't you? She's so ugly isn't she? You couldn't possibly want her now right. Leave her and be mine." Yoko exclaimed, a mad gleam in her eyes. Hinata stared her down, his blue eyes darkening as if consumed by shadows.

"You really don't get it. Yui is my soulmate. And you dared to hurt what was mine. And you think I'd come running to you after that? You must be mad. Actually I think you are."

"Please don't be mad I did it for you. It's the only way we could be together." She said, her eyes pleading.

"Tell me something...does your ass ever get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?" Hinata said. They gawked at him, too surprised to say anything. Yoko recovered first.

"She's gotten to you too. She's nothing but a poor whore who uses men to benefit herself. She deserves everything I did. Hinata your too good for her."

"Do you hear yourself? If she's destined for me where do you think you stand in all this?"

"I-

"Your nothing. Your so pathetic I feel sick just looking at you. After what you did, I have no mercy for you. You know exactly who my Aunt is, she can bury you whole family like this." He snapped his fingers. He enjoys the fear that creeped into her purple eyes.

"Please no! Don't do this I'm sorry! If father hears about this I'll be disowned." She knelt down on her knees, tears falling freely.

"That would be a pity." He said with no feeling. Pulling out his phone, he dialed his Aunt.

"Do it." He said.

"Consider it done, dear nephew!" A sing song voice said on the other line. And just like that Nikai Yoko was no more.

The Nikai family were nothing.

How was that? Too lenient? Whatever the case she's gone. But what about the future? What will become of Yui? How will the brothers change? How will Hinata?

TBC...