Memoire

Hinata loved surprises as a kid. He used to sleep before the sun went down and woke up as the sun rose at dawn so he could open his Christmas presents. The anticipation for what was to come made him hum with excitement. He especially loved it when his parents let him help with the demon summonings. Nothing really dangerous just some weak demons to guard the house while his parents were away at business. It was lonely but the demons would play games with him and show him what little magic they had and he would forget missing his parents for a few hours and just had fun.Yup, his only friends were demons.

But sometimes if he was really good and his parents were home for more than a few days, they would summon their familiars and he would watch in amazement at how powerful they were. They made a water slide in his house , can you believe it? And made food appear at the snap of a finger. He loved them so much and wished he could have his own.

He begged his parents for a familiar of his own but they kept denying his request saying "your too young." Or "demons are dangerous, wait until your older." He accepted their excuses and knew they were doing it for his own good but he really wanted his own familiar. As much as he enjoyed playing with the demons at home, he wanted a friend who would be with him always like what his parents had with their familiars. He wanted go on adventures with them so they would never be seperated.

So when his parents were away, he snuck into their study and stole their demon summoning book. He hid it under his jacket and tried to look as inconspicuous as possible as he ran up the stairs to his bedroom, locking the door behind him. He took out his chalk box and began drawing the magic circle to summon a demon. He should hav chosen a weak demon but he thought he was a big boy so he turned to the section on greater demons and began the incantation. He regretted that day. If he had just listened to his parents then they would be here with him, alive and well.

It all went wrong very fast. One moment he was smiling as the magic circle glowed with power. 'It worked! Now we can be together again.' He was so excited. So stupid and naive. The circle shone darkly, the lights in the room went out and a terrible thing rose from the floor. The next moment he saw his parents rush in and try to push the demon back to where it came from but it was too late. It was a greater demon. Far more powerful than the Ifrits his parents had as familiars. They screamed for him to hide and he did. He hid under the floorboards and heard their screams for mercy. He felt the warmth of their blood seeping into the floorboards and dripping into his face. He laid their frozen. 'Go away. Don't see me. Go away.' He willed the demon.

"Well done, Leviathan. I knew I could count on you." A sultry voice, tinted with happiness said.   Peering through the the cracks he could see purple hair and a dark mass who he assumed was the demon.

"Their souls were the best I've had in ages, mistress." The demon growled.

"And to think, their little brat helped us along with his parents deaths." The woman laughed.

'My fault.'

'It was my fault'

'...my fault.'

It was too much. He passed out.