Won't you stay with me?

"You know you can let go anytime." Hinata said to the boy who clung to him like a Koala.

"Not happening." He muttered back. It was only a few minutes later, that Kanato spoke.

"I thought you didn't want me." His voice shook.

'Shit.'

"Now what would make you think that?" He said.

"You left. You didn't say anything...you just left."

"I don't want you to leave it's cold without you." He continued. 'Cold?' Hinata was confused but he let the boy continue.

"I'm all alone, there's no Teddy, no Hina, no one else. The floor is dirty, the rats keep picking at me. My body feels sore but I can't leave. I can't stop." He said in a trance. He was miles away, somewhere Hinata couldn't see him.

"Why can't you stop?" He pressed gently. Kanato looked up at him, his eyes unseeing.

"Cuz then mommy will get mad. Kanato is a good boy. Good boy's keep going even if they're tired. For mommy." He said in little voice. It was like he had regressed into his younger self.

"Kanato, baby listen to me." Hinata patted the boy's cheeks, hoping to wake him from his trance.

"You can stop, okay. Hina is here now, so please come back." He pleads. Thankfully that was enough to snap him out of his trance.

"Hina? You came back? I'm so happy. I promise I'll be a good boy from now on so please...don't leave again." He cried. Hinata felt a sharp pain in his heart.

"No, baby, it's not your fault. I'm just idiot, okay? Don't change. I like this Kanato a lot." He said, gently stroking the boy's head.

"Promise?" He held out a pinky, a hopeful look on his face. ' I could never say no to that face.' Chuckling, Hinata nods and curls his pinky with the other.

"Promise. I hate seeing you cry, so I won't leave you. Not ever." He brushed tears off the other's cheek. Kanato opened his mouth to say something but then he hesitated.

"What's the matter?" He asks. Kanato loosens his grip on him, letting himself stand on his own feet but he stayed close.

"Is it okay if I stay with you tonight?" He shifts nervously in place.

"You know what, your the first one to ask me instead of just inviting yourself into my bed. I knew I liked you best. My sweet Kanato, of course you can stay." Smiling brightly, Kanato ran for your bed and threw himself on, giggling as he bounced.

This is realllllly short considering I haven't updated in over a month and I'm sorry for that. I'll try for a longer chapter tomorrow. Also you guys can tell my favorite is Kanato, he's such a cutey I can't help myself.