The truth of Himura Hinata as told by his awesome GUCCI wearing aunt

Three whole fucking days. Just shoot me now. But here's a chapter.

After an hour of gushing over Hinata's baby pictures, Setsuna suddenly shut the album and looked at the group with a serious expression. It shocked them because one second she was acting like a happy, giggling aunt who adored her nephew and then the next she looked like a grim soldier about to deliver bad news.

"Now that he's gone. We can move on to the real reason I'm here."

"Real reason?" Laito inquires. Shu stood to attention. He looked more interested in the conversation. Before he had just been looking fondly at his mate's baby pictures but now he looked as if they had gotten to what the real matter was.

"Finally." He said.

"Yes. As you know Hinata was taken in by me at a young age but before then he lived with his parents. They were...kind but also strong. Their deaths took a lot of people by surprise and was hard on their family as well." She released a shaky breath before continuing.

"I was adopted into the Himura family but they never treated me any different and I promised myself I would take care of Hinata if anything should happen. It was strange. A few days before they passed, they arranged their wills and prepared everything for Hinata."

"They knew they were going to die." Subaru said, surprised.

"But that doesn't make sense. If they knew they were gonna die, then why didn't they just move somewhere far off?" Ayato said.

"Because they couldn't," they turned to Reiji, "the thing after them must have been too strong for them so they were resigned to their fate."

"I know it sounds horrible, but I'm glad they did. I can't imagine our lives without Hina." Yui confessed.

"Me too." Ayato said. Yui's head snapped up in surprise. Did he just agree with me? Am I in the fucking twilight zone?

"I understand how you feel. But please, don't interrupt me while I'm speaking." Her voice was cold and sharp. A lot like Hina's when he's mad. Laito now knew exactly where Hinata got his temper. They immediately issued apologies, fear urging them to not anger the woman.

"Thank you. As I was saying, they prepared for whoever it was to come but they did not resign themselves to their fate. They had made a deal, you see."

"A deal?" Kanato asks, forgetting about the cutting words that had been issued moments before in favor of his curiosity. Surprisingly, she was not angry. She just smiled fondly at him and mussed up his hair. He practically purred at the contact. But he still wished it was Hinata's instead. When will he be back?

"Yes. The Himura's aren't like normal folk. They keep contracts with demons. Not so much the-sell-your- soul- kind but more of the we'll-take-care-of-anything-you'd-like-in-the- human world kind."

"Like middle men." Shu spoke.

"Exactly. They arranged whatever the demons needed so they could blend in with human society. They are respected by demons because of it. In exchange they receive protection and some influence in the demon world."
The triplets grew cold.

Contracted to demons? Like mother?

Growing up under their mother, they had experienced things children should never have been exposed to. She was heartless, using her sons for her own pleasure and discarding them when they bored her.

Kanato could vividly remember the iron gates, the cold cell floor. The small bit of moonlight that creeped through, the only proof of the world existence. The warm, metallic tang of blood that coated his throat and crept into his mouth.