three

She doesn't know why. But there was a reason she requested his presence.

Hyein wasn't going to tell anyone. She never planned to. Sitting at the police station only made her more nervous. She just wanted someone to talk to. The middle-aged man in a blue uniform wasn't happy with the fact that she wasn't speaking as his body seemed to tower over her sitting position.

"Wonwoo-ssi," he grumbled to his junior who was sitting across from her, the boy's eyes looking straight at his computer, almost digging a hole into the screen. His piercing eyes moved from his device up to his senior, "Yes, sunbae?" A sigh came from the man who was standing beside the poor girl, "Ask her something."

"But, sir," the one named Wonwoo spoke back, "She won't say anything. When Mingyu comes, she might just spill a word. He's better at this." Mingyu, she repeated his name in her mind. Hyein had heard the two men say that name but she wasn't sure that was who she had spoken with on the phone.

"Can we get her injuries fixed up a bit?" a new face asked as he walked over to Wonwoo's desk. His hair was golden brown and his pale young face made her sure that he was younger. Wonwoo clapped his hands together, "That's right, Hansol the probation officer. Now go get it for her."

The boy disappeared from the room and silence came to the three crowding around the desk. The sound of hurried footsteps came to their attention as they turned around and saw a tall figure run into the station. His suit and shirt underneath are the same shade of black as the pants and shoes he wore. Unbuttoned and a little messy, he walked over panting while fixing his hair.

"Mingyu, this is the young girl Hyein," the middle-aged man spoke as Mingyu gave Wonwoo a quick wave before turning his eyes on the girl. Seeing her in torn clothes and beaten up to the point that it was so obvious, made his heart broke. He could almost hear the sound of his heart-shattering.

"Hyein-ah," he began, starting informal without even knowing how old she was, "It's me. The man you talked to on the phone. Kim Mingyu." And her heart skipped a beat as she heard his voice for the second time that night.