fourteen

"I give you two my blessing," he smiled.

Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows at his father, "What?" Hyein was also confused at the older man's words. Mingyu's father had decided to stay at his wife's place instead since the two weren't going to run away.

Mingyu had formally introduced Hyein to his father when his father said his nonsense, "I mean it. Now, kids, I have to go now. I haven't seen my wife in a whole year. Contact me if you need anything." And he left, just like that.

Hyein giggled as she reached for her notebook and wrote, Your dad is nice. I like him. Mingyu felt a small pang of awkward jealousy, "What about me? Do you like me?" She nodded and tiptoed to get closer to him, landing a small peck on his cheek.

He immediately turned red and blinked his eyes a few times, "What was that for?" She smiled as she wrote again, Payback. Last night. It took all of his energy to hold himself back for he just wanted to kiss her right there on the spot.

"You want to hang out for today? I have no work for the rest of the day," he smiled as she nodded slowly, slightly hesitant after the chaotic morning. He grabbed her hand and walked with her to the front, "How about we go for lunch first? I'll bring you somewhere fancy."

She was about to kindly reject his offer when he turned around and quickly slipped his feet into his shoes, leaving her behind. Hyein pouted as she tucked her feet into her shoes and followed after him.

Hyein felt a little uneasy for she rarely went anywhere else besides her house and her school. She was supposed to stay as low as possible. Away from any sort of publicity. She saw Mingyu stop in the middle of the road and walked over to see what was wrong.

Fear engulfed her heart as she saw what Mingyu had seen. Her father. She gulped as she backed up behind Mingyu subconsciously as her legs touched the cold metal of his car. Her father was glaring at her, his eyes fuming.

She knew if she went with him, she was going to be dead the next day. Mingyu's hand slipped into hers as he stood over her, making sure she couldn't be harmed. He looked at the older man with all the anger coped inside, "Sir, I don't think I can allow you to see your daughter."