nineteen

He had never felt such a big rush of adrenaline in his life. This was a bad sign.

He shot up from his seat and pulled out his phone, calling without any hesitation. It rang as he rushed out to his car, unlocking it as he jumped in and connected his phone to the Bluetooth. The receiver picked up after what seemed like forever.

"Hello? What's-"

"Hyung," Mingyu shouted as he started the car, "Send me the address to Hyein's house." Surprised and confused, Wonwoo was silent for a moment, "Why? I can't do that." Slamming against the brakes, he stopped just in time before the light could turn red.

"She's in trouble!" he growled as he slammed his palm against his steering wheel and stepped on the accelerator when the light turned green, "I'll send you the link when I get there so send me the address."

Wonwoo hesitated for he wasn't allowed without getting some evidence but he trusted his friend and sent the address to him, "Okay then but-" A screech interrupted him as Mingyu was almost hit by another car.

He sped past as he looked at the address and mapped it quickly, "Come as soon as you can and bring a tight group of police. Make sure you come." Mingyu hung up as he quickly sent Wonwoo the link to the live broadcast.

Breaking sharply, he turned into the street and parked before jumping out of his vehicle, carelessly leaving his phone inside, not knowing the people at the station were urgently trying to contact him.

His heart beating faster than he could think and his hands were getting sweaty as he made fists with them, ready to stop the man. Running all the way to the mansion, he stopped for a second for his head was getting dizzy.

A loud bang was heard and, for a second, he was afraid to go in. But more than being afraid for his own safety, he feared the worse. He didn't want to know where that bullet went through.

Kicking the door open, Mingyu entered just as Hyein was at her last efforts. She was against the wall, bruised and beaten, bleeding from the side. Her eyes flickered to keep open as she saw him. But she was trying to warn him.

Mingyu rushed over as quickly as he could but he heard another bang.

This time the bullet came to him.