fifteen

He wasn't ready. In fact, he would never be.

He was never going to hand her over. Ever. The encounter definitely confirmed his suspicions and research that had happened early in the morning with the detective. Now he was sure who Hyein's father was.

The awkwardness between the two of them stayed there for the whole entire day. But he wanted to bring her out so he didn't just go back home. They had lunch, dinner, watched the big screen, and brought their feet to the river but everything just seemed wrong.

Night came and so Mingyu brought her to Hongdae, somewhere he knew she would find fascinating if she's never been there. It was definitely a new world for her. A place she's only seen on TV. The people there had more smiles than she's ever seen at school.

The people were lively and there was music playing around the area. People were performing all sorts of things and food there was good. They basically ate street food for dinner and was full by the time they finished 10 carts.

He let go of her hand as he scrolled through Naver, "Hey, do you want to go to a cafe?" But when he turned to his side, she was no longer there. He looked around and spotted a man dragging her into an alley.

She couldn't scream even if she tried, her voice just wouldn't let her. The man was drunk and ultimately pretty strong. He was probably only slightly older than her but that wasn't the main point. The alley was dark and nobody had noticed she was being dragged away.

Trying not to panic, she started thrashing and kicking but it didn't work. Suddenly, a figure came in and punched the man in the face. The two fought in the shadows as Hyein landed on the ground, shaking as she watched the two beat each other.

Tears started to flow as she knew who it was. Mingyu didn't have any mercy for the guy and he wasn't in the mood at all, "You bastard! I'm going to kill you for this!" He threw a punch and the man fell to the ground. Mingyu was about to give him one last kick when he felt a pat on his leg.

He looked down to see Hyein crying and so he kneeled down to comfort her, "It's okay I'm right here. I'm not going to hurt you okay?" But she didn't seem convinced as she started to back up again. He was hurt but he knew it wasn't something he could control.

In the darkness, he stayed quiet as he let the girl cry, "Hyein-ah," he called out to her as he moved closer. She was still shaking but she didn't back up anymore for she knew that wasn't going to change anything.

"Hyein-ah," he called out again, "I love you and I won't hurt you so please don't run away from me." She stopped crying so quickly that she almost choked on her breath. He what? she asked herself.

He didn't say anything as his large hand cupped her face. The alley is too dark to catch anything with the human eye but they knew there was something there in their eyes. Before she could ponder about his actions, he leaned in and covered her mouth with his, kissing her with hunger.

It was like flying. She couldn't feel the cold ground she was sitting on anymore as her eyes closed and her ears tuned out the noises of the world. The kiss left her mind speechless, not knowing how else to describe it but love.

He deepened the kiss and lightly bit her lips, and she opened her mouth with a soft moan. To her own surprise, she kissed back slowly. And he loved it.