twelve

The noise of his keypad sounded like home as she pressed it slowly before walking in.

Taking her shoes off, she closed the door and smiled at herself. She was extremely happy to have a good day at school. The class was easier when she tuned out everyone. She didn't bring anything to school except her notebook and pen so she had to finish class and eat at Mingyu's place instead.

She spotted a pair of unfamiliar shoes messily lying around as she placed her shoes in the shoe cabinet. Hyein walked into the living room to see someone else sitting on the couch. Startled, she backed up as the mysterious man looked up at her.

Stunned, the man stood up and kicked his backpack aside, "Oh god I thought you were my son." She furrowed her eyebrows as she backed up, her grip on the notebook tightened for she was slightly afraid. Maybe he was a stranger.

"I didn't know he had a girlfriend," he mumbled as he walked over and stuck his hand out to her, "I'm Mingyu's father." Hyein was scared and trembling until her knees almost gave way. The man saw that and retreated his hand before sighing, "May I ask? Who are you?"

She doesn't answer as she gulped nervously, still shaking. The man visually scared her for he was tall and had a strong built. On top of that, his beard and glare made it even scarier for her. Confused, the man reached out and was going to pat her to comfort her when she continued to back up.

"I'm sorry, uh," he spoke as he placed a foot behind the other, "But can I help you in any way? You don't seem so well. I'll get you some water or you could sit down first." He walked to the kitchen and looked through the place but when he came out with a bottle in his hand, Hyein was scared.

Her hands were trembling even more as her eyes darted from left to right. She held her head as she mentally screamed. She knew he wasn't trying to harm her but the pain and trauma came to her.

The man started to panic and wanted to help but she couldn't hear him through all the noise in her head. "Bitch, stop being lazy." "You're just like your mother." "Embarrassment." "Imagine what the public would say about me if they knew you." "Stupid little girl."

Her legs gave way and she blacked out just as a pair of strong arms caught her and her favorite person called out her name in his honey-like voice, "Hyein-ah."