eighteen

Palms sweaty. Head spinning. Eyes shifting.

Maybe those were all hints dropped to the boy but he was too blinded by love to notice. She was scared. No, she was guilty. She was hesitant but more confident than she's ever been. Hyein knows it's because of that love boy.

He had left for work and she made sure he knew when to come back for his birthday present. He was excited. But he didn't know what really was in store for him.

She had watched him walk out of the place. She waited for a safe thirty minutes before looking outside and making sure he was no longer there. As quickly as she could, she changed out and left the place with just the notebook and pen.

Not like she had anything else in the first place.

Skipping class, she quickly made sure her small preparations were ready and it was all set. Mingyu came back home as told but when he reached the door, there was a small note. You know Coreen? I have something small for you at 7:30

He checked his phone. It was almost time so he headed there quickly but to his disappointment, he didn't see his girl anywhere in sight. A waiter led him to a special spot at the large glass windows, allowing him to look out at Seoul.

It was an expensive place. And he knew she had gotten her money somewhere through her connections. It was kind of cute though. She didn't spend so much except for that special day for him.

He finished dinner alone in silence as he stared at the empty seat in front of him. Another waiter came up to him and passed him a bag with a small note on it. Francis Bakery at 8:30 too! More tasty food! And this is part one of the real present!

He thanked the man before heading to the bakery. But he didn't see her again. The bakery allowed him to try all sorts of cake. But he was alone. Another note came for him at 9:15 from a young waitress and he read it slowly, Thought you would get part 2? No not yet! Come home and get the last part of your present!

Mingyu wanted to be grateful. He was. But his heart was heavy and he wasn't sure why she wasn't with him already. He hadn't seen her since this morning and he was missing her more every second.

The door had a new note but it was hard to read in the dark. He took it off and walked in to read it in the light Mingyu, Your password is now, 'I'm sorry. I love you.' The broadcast and recording starts around 10.

Something was wrong. He knew it so he ran in shouting, "Hyein-ah!" but there was no answer even after multiple calls. He rushed into his room and turned on his computer, typing in her suspicious password to see a webpage opened for him.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing.