five

He was rich and she could tell as soon as she walked into the apartment. It was a big apartment with nobody else inside. The things in it were simple but it was big.

She almost kept her mouth open wide as she walked in but remembered that it's not very ladylike of her to do that. Maybe she was so surprised because of the fact that he was living alone. His parents had let him live like this. She was never able to experience this.

Mingyu knew she was following behind as he listened to her quiet footsteps, "You can take off your shoe and put it in the cabinet if you want."

Hyein had already done that as soon as she had walked in but she just stayed quiet. A small part of her was happy that she didn't have to go back to her dad's place. The other part of her was scared. She didn't want to get hurt in the process of running away.

Mingyu sensed her insecurity as he turned around to see her looking around and rubbing her thumb against her wrist, "It's okay. I won't do anything to you. I have a spare room down the hallway on the left. You could lock it if you still feel scared."

She shook her head and wanted to say something but didn't have her notebook and pen. The boy cutely made an o with his mouth when he saw her anxious face as he dashed away and came back with a small notebook and pen for her.

She wrote out, Thank you. And that was it. He chuckled softly, "You just wanted to tell me that? Well, no problem and it's my pleasure." And she smiled. She smiled for the first time that day or maybe the first time in months. It felt so good.

And he caught the smile with his own two eyes. It was beautiful. 

There was light to her face and a stream of hope coming from the small grin. His eyes sparkled at her as he felt the energy too, bringing a small smile to his own face. But it was nearly too much for his weak heart to handle. She was too cute.

Hyein excused herself as she wanted to quickly wash up briefly without getting her bandages all wet. He watched as she walked away and let out a sigh when she disappeared from his view. He grabbed a change of clothes for her, his hoodie and sweats were the only things he could think of.

He gave the bathroom door a light knock as she swung open the door, in clothes she was wearing before. Her hair was tied up and it exposed her neck to the cold as the wind blew when she had opened the door.

Mingyu passed her the clothes, "Here. Change into these. I have lots so don't worry about getting it back to me." With her straight face, she received it and gave him a small bow. He watched her intently before whispering into the air, "Good night, Hyein." before making his way to his bedroom.