four

She looked so weak. So helpless. But so strong.

His hands lightly painted the ointment over her cuts on her arm as he looked up to her, afraid she would retreat out of fear, but she didn't. Hansol came back with an ice pack for her and she just bowed silently as she received it.

"Can she say it already? I have work to do," the senior complained. Mingyu let out a long sigh, blinking a few times, "Sir, you can just go back to work. I'll take care of this." The senior then left without a complaint as the boy went back to tending her wounds.

"Are you okay?" he asked even though he knew she wasn't okay. She looked at him and nodded. He looked back at her and his heart seemed to feel heavier, "Can you tell us who your father is? We can help you that way."

Hyein wasn't going to tell. She told herself never to tell. But she wanted help too. Comfort. Safety. She reached over to Wonwoo's table and started writing on a piece of paper. Mingyu looked up at his friend, "So did you guys get anything?"

Wonwoo looked tired as he shook his head, "She has nothing on her. No ID. No money. No phone. Nothing. We can't seem to find out who she is. If she really is a Kang Hyein..." he trailed off as the taller frowned, "What did you say?"

"Nothing," his friend shook his head as the girl finished up writing. She showed it to the lifeline operator boy instead of the police officer, I don't know where to go. I don't want to go home. I'm scared. I won't go home tonight.

The officer stood up and tilted his head to see the message while the golden-haired boy continued to sit at the girl's foot, holding onto an ice pack over her bruise. Wonwoo looked at the girl for a few moments, debating on what he should tell her, "You should stay here-"

"No," Mingyu shook his head as he looked at the frail girl, "You can't leave her here for the night. That's ridiculous." The officer glared at his friend as he crossed his arms over his chest, "She doesn't have money and we aren't going to pay for her stay at a hotel. The only place is here."

"She's staying at my place," Mingyu stated as he stared back at his friend, "That's the end of our discussion."