✰| treize

There are A LOT of pauses in this chapter. Just a warning!!!
___

"It's the fifth time today Kol," Marigold mocked into her phone, "I'm beginning to think you're obsessed with me."

"Well, maybe if you let me come over and finish-"

Marigold started to make hissing noises and said," Oh sorry the connection is breaking up, I've got to go." Before clicking off of the call.

It's been a day since the Wotters returned from New Orleans and Marigold has been getting a lot of calls from Kol - not that she minds.

Arielle hasn't contacted them since they got back but Liam had.

He said he spent all of her time inside of her room, watched her phone and only came out for food.

That worried Marigold.

She snuck into the Wood/Flint house - not really, Oliver let her in.

She went up into the hallway to hear Arielle talking, "Yes Nik, I'm still drinking fine - yes I miss you and - no, I don't think anyone's near my room."

"Arielle?" Marigold called out softly, opening the door to her room.

"I gotta go," Arielle whispered, clicking the end call button.

"So ... you and Klaus-"

"Shut it Mari, and yes we are together."

"Are you a-"

"No. We tried but something went wrong. I can vamp out and everything but I don't have fangs..."

"Oh ... we were all worried about you Arielle. You need to come out of your room once in a while-"

"Please drop it, Mari."

...

"Arielle, I know you care deeply for him and I know the pull feels unbearable but you can't let it stop your life-"

"I just miss him, Mari."

"And I miss Kol but I'm not letting that stop me!"

Arielle started to lightly cry,"He said he loved me you know..."

"He's not gone forever Ari, you'll see him again soon I promise," Marigold told the girl before sending her a calming emotion burst.

"O-Okay I-"

"You need sleep, Arielle. I'll ask Klaus to text me if anything happens okay?"

The girl slightly nodded,"A-Alright," before tucking herself into bed and quickly falling asleep.

Marigold tiptoed downstairs before being met with a confused Oliver Wood.

"What happened?" He asked.

"She was just really emotional after leaving New Orleans. She really liked it there."

"Why didn't she tell me?" He asked, slightly disappointed that he couldn't console his only daughter.

"I guess she felt like she had to do it on her own."

...

"Thank you, Marigold, for everything."

She hugged the man who had basically become her third father after she was always at Arielle's place.

"No worries Mr. Wood I-"

"I told you to call me Oliver Marigold," He smiled.

"Okay, then no worries Oliver I would always help Arielle."

"You are really a great kid."

"Ha," Marigold thought,"Little does he know I almost had sex in an alley behind a bar with a man I met two months ago."

___

It was time to tell the family.

To tell them that Marigold and Rose were never going to age.

To tell them that they both technically died and that the original vampires saved them.

Oh, God.

...

"Marigold, you talk first," Rose whispered to the brunette.

The had gathered the entire family in the Potters living room which also included family friends.

"Well ... something happened in New Orleans -"

"You're not pregnant are you?" Ron cut Marigold off.

"Uh ... no, and I'm not sure that I'll ever be."

...

"Do you like girls? I mean we're totally fine with that-"

"No Ron," Marigold rubbed her eyes out of annoyance, " Something ... bad happened in New Orleans."

The entire family was confused.

What had happened?

"As George, Ron and Harry know the original vampires live there. We became friends with-"

"With vampires! Marigold that's dangerous!" Grandma Molly yelped.

"The wouldn't hurt us! Anyways, some witches - the other kind - found out and - um -"

Rose cut the girl off, "Marigold died."

...

"What?"

"They used poison on her. She died."

...

"Why is she standing right here?"

"She's still dead just ... undead."

...

Hermione gasped, "The original family ... Marigold, are you a vampire?"

Marigold slowly nodded, "And Rose is too."

Hermione looked over to her daughter before starting to mutter, "That doesn't make any sense she wouldn't willingly do that-"

...

"How?"

...

"I was stabbed."

...

"I still love you."

...

"Yeah, I was expecting you to."

___