✰| seize

___

Knock

Knock

Knock.

The sound of someone banging at the door that morning rang through the Potter household.

Ginny Potter opened the door to find three guys and a girl standing there.

"Hello?" She asked, quite confused.

"Hi, Is Marigold home?" The blonde girl asked, looking behind Ginny to see the three Potter siblings.

"Ah - yes, Lily go get your sister!"

The Mikaelsons heard feet going up the stairs and a door open before a young girls voice rang through the home, "Mom, Marigold isn't in here!"

...

"What do you mean!"

"I mean, Marigold's bed is empty and her windows open!"

Ginny sighed, "Not again."

"Again?" Kol questioned, feeling a slight need to be protective over Marigold.

"She likes to sneak out but that only happened when she was younger, when she had her ... problem."

"We'll go look for her," Elijah told the woman, "We will have her back by this evening."

Ginny smiled, "Thank you."

The Mikaelsons turned around and went searching for the young girl who had quickly become their friend.

___

She felt numb.

Nothing mattered anymore.

She laid in the middle of the street, waiting for something to happen.

She heard a car come to a screeching stop.

Marigold smirked.

A young man got out of the car and ran over.

"Are you alright miss? Do you need me to call someone?"

She looked up into his eye, "Don't scream," she compelled.

She felt her teeth sink into his flesh as the blood poured out and into her throat.

"Marigold Dora Lupin, what are you doing!" She heard the voice of her best friend call.

"Oh right, I invited you," Marigold remarked, pushing over the man's dead body.

"Oh dear lord, Marigold! What happened from only drinking blood bags once you come here!"

"Oh buzz off Rebekah," Marigold playfully glared at the blonde, "I'm fun now so.." she trailed off.

Rebekah's eyes widened, "Oh, tell me you didn't turn it off, Mari!"

"What? Emotions are for losers."

Marigold felt a burst of wind fly past her before she heard her friend's soft voice in her ear.

"I'm sorry."

She heard a crack for her vision went black.

___

Rebekah dumped Marigold's body in front of her brothers at the house they bought.

"What happened?" Kol asked, concerned.

"The poor girl. All the emotions that her family was showing made her's more powerful which means..."

...

"She turned off her emotions didn't she," Kol asked, looking down.

"Yeah," Rebekah sighed, "Yeah, yeah she did."

A loud grunt interrupted the conversation.

Marigold sat up quickly and ran to the other side of the room.

"What the hell, Rebekah!" She exclaimed, "That was uncalled for."

"Why ever would you turn off your emotions?" Elijah asked the girl.

"Because sometimes a girl just likes to have a bit of fun," Marigold smirked before running out of the house.

...

"Am I the only one who likes her better like this?"

___

Marigold got into her car and flipped her sunglasses down.

She pulled out a postcard that was in the Mikaelsons house and smiled to herself.

"I wonder what's so important there?" Her old self would have wondered.

But that didn't matter right now.

"Mystic Falls," Marigold smirked, "I hope you welcome me with open arms."

Her car started up and she drove off into the sunset, ready to cause havoc in her new playing field - Mystic Falls.

___