Officer Rylan

Leah's POV

Officer Rylan is very nice.

He leads us towards the big white car they call an ambulance.

I look down at our intertwined fingers and smile. I am sure it is just to help me walk, but Master never held my hand.

It made me sad remembering how Master had hurt me. I knew he had been angry at me, but I didn't know why he had to hurt me like this. I suppose I should be glad he didn't kill me or really shoot me. Was it an accident that he just grazed me, or did he mean to?

Why did he shoot me at all?

Officer Rylan said it wasn't my fault and had explained to me how it was because of some law, Master wasn't suppose to own me yet.

Honestly, the whole thing somehow made sense. It explained why Master never let me out of the house or go anywhere.

Officer Rylan squeezes my hand and I looked up at him in question, smiling a little before remembering I'm not suppose to look dominants in the eye.

After that, I keep my head bowed, so he doesn't think I'm being disrespectful. He seems nice, I wouldn't want him to think I'm trying to disrespect him.

I limp beside him as best I can. It hurts so badly to walk, but I don't want to complain.

Good girls don't complain.

When we walk around to the back of the ambulance, the doors are open and the lady who introduced herself as Carrie, is sitting on the ledge.

She smiles at me softly; people seem to be doing that a lot tonight.

Officer Rylan places his hand on my back and lightly pushes me towards the ledge too.

I sit down on the other side of the ledge, so I'm far away from the lady. It hurts to sit too, but I am thankful they are letting me because it hurts less than walking.

When I see the lady isn't paying attention to me, I look around at the gadgets in the truck. Several tubes and scary looking needles line the wall making me shiver.

It looks like a mini mad scientist lab with all the weird tools and machines inside. "Do you want me to show you how they work?" Says a voice behind me.

I turn around quickly and back myself into the car walls looking at the unfamiliar man. "It's okay, Leah. This is my friend Troy," Officer Rylan says to me.

I look at Rylan and then Troy.

He wears the same uniform as Troy with all the scary things on his belt. Rylan must have seen my unease because immediately he excuses himself from the conversation he was in. "He's not gonna hurt you," he reassures me.

I look up at him in question, still unsure about the things he has on his belt. Rylan sits next to me before trying to pull me into his lap, I let him pull me in his lap even though I don't want to.

Not only does my back still sting from last nights punishment, but I also don't want to be by the things he is wearing.

Master use to punish me with those all the time. "Oh come on, Leah", Rylan pouts, moving the hair from my face.

"You know what? Here," Officer Troy says undoing his belt. The familiar sound sets me off and I no longer care about punishment.

"No!" I yell, pushing back into Rylan with all my force trying to get away from his so called friend.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey," Carrie yells trying to defuse the situation. "Shhh. He's not gonna hurt you or anything, hun."

At my outburst, Troy freezes midway, not taking off the rest of his belt. Rylan lets me tuck myself into his chest to hide from his friend. "I'm sorry," Troy apologizes, "I didn't mean to scare you. I scared you, didn't I? I was just gonna show you what's on my belt. You don't have to be afraid," Troy reasons.