Stitches

Leah's POV

The lamp flicks on jarring me from my sleep. I'm so tired I can barely open my eyes. I just want to go back to sleep. I hope Master doesn't tell me to get up because I don't know if I could even if I wanted to.

I roll over in bed and pull the sheets closer to me. I shiver hard and let out a soft whine as the movement jars my leg.

It hurts a lot, but my old master always told me only ungrateful people complain. And I don't want Master to think I'm ungrateful, because he is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me.

As I'm about to drift back asleep, his panicked voice echoes around the room. "Louis, this is Officer Rylan I need to speak to Carrie. It's an emergency."

Emergency?

 I wonder what's wrong. Is Master being called into work? 

I squint against the harsh light and try to see Master. I feel the bed dip and he grabs my legs.

I let out a sharp cry and he hushes me as he wraps my leg tightly in the sheets. I squeal and try to hold my breath, trying to hold back my tears as he presses on my stitches.

I didn't mean to anger Master, but I must have because he is having to punish me.

"I'm sorry, Master," I whimper, hiding my head in the pillows. 

The light is far to bright and my head is swirling. He doesn't listen though and continues to talk into his cell phone.

"I don't know what to do. I woke up and we were both covered in blood, her stitches must of come out." Master says.

Covered in blood? Is Master okay?

I try to sit up to check on Master, but he pushes me back down. "I don't know. Please just get here quickly." Master says finally putting his phone down.

"Leah," he says tilting my head. I think he is about to choke me, but he doesn't and instead presses his fingers to my pulse. "Leah, talk to me," Master says lightly slapping my check.

"I'm sorry, Master," I apologize, continuing to cry.

 I see the blood covered sheets and I cry even harder. I ruined them. He is never going to let me sleep with him again.

He doesn't comment about the sheets at all though, picking up his phone again and calls someone else, "Troy, I'm so sorry. Leah is hurt.  Can you bring Melissa over here as soon as possible? Carrie is coming soon, but I don't know what to do. There is blood everywhere."

I remember Troy from last night and I hope Master doesn't let him touch me.

I'm so confused as to what is happening right now.

Master sounds scared as he talks on the phone about me being hurt, but he also is punishing me which is hurting. So why is Master scared to hurt me while he is punishing me? Shouldn't punishment hurt?

I don't know how I ruined Master's sheets, but I did. Now he probably won't ever let me sleep in his bed again.

"No, no, no," he says, pulling my head into his lap "You're being such a good girl," he says to me before talking in the phone again.

A few more words are exchanged over the phone and he hangs up again. "I didn't mean to ruin your bed, Master," I say through tears.