Scars

Rylan's POV

I look down at Leah as she smiles up at me, crying, "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me too," she says.

I hug her even tighter and she hides in my neck again. I don't know what I was thinking, talking to Carrie about Leah while she was in the same room.

I run my hand over my face and let Leah continue to cry. I have found out I can calm her down best by just holding her and letting her self soothe.

She's good at self soothing and it hurts me to think she is so good at it because no one probably cared enough to try and calm her down before.

I feel like a bad dominant because for the first time, she is crying because of what I said.

I pull her head into me and kiss her, "Hush, Love," I tell her, standing up. "I'm gonna change the sheets, so we can go to bed okay, Darling?" I say, setting her down on the couch.

She nods and wipes her tears away, sitting on the couch for a second before laying down on the cushions.

I go into our room and strip the bed, throwing the sheets into the hamper. Grabbing our new sheets, I dress the bed before going back and getting Leah.

Her tired eyes look up at me and I can see how swollen and red they are. Guilt fills me and I curse myself for such foolish behavior.

I gently lift her into my arms and carry her to bed. As soon as I lay down, she comes and curls up into my side. I wrap her up in all the blankets on our bed and make sure she is comfortable before I finally let myself rest next to her.

As soon as I settle down, her breath evens out and she drifts to sleep. Brushing her hair out of her face, I kiss her hair one last time before going to bed.

————-

My alarm clock blares throughout the room and I bolt up, quickly trying to turn it off. I fumble with the alarm for what seems like hours as I try to turn the blasted thing off.

"Bloody... hell," I curse, shutting it off. I let out a deep sigh, laying back in bed again. The pile of blankets next to me moves a little and Leah's soft giggles sound our room. "Good morning, my sweet Leah," I coo.

I unravel some of the blankets, trying to revel her pretty face, but she just hides into my side. Careful not to grab her wound, I hoist her up into my chest and pull her face to the crook of my neck.

Leah gasp at the movement, but then settling down against my chest, "Can I please make you breakfast, Master?" She asks me, sitting up on my chest.

I'm about to say yes, but then I remember that she needs to rest. "Not today, Darling. You need to rest, so your leg can heal, okay," I tell her and she nods a little dejectedly before she quickly smiles at me again.

"Are you staying home all day today, Master?" She asks, looking down innocently at me.

"Well, you and me have to go to the doctors and psychologist, remember?" I asks her.

I told her yesterday, but I'm not surprised she forgot.

Leah nods at my question, running her hands along a scar on my collar bone. She looks deep in concentration as she does it.

I debate stopping her or not. We should really be getting ready, but I want her to feel comfortable with my body.

Her hands don't move from the scar until her eyes drift to another smaller scar on my stomach from when I almost got stabbed.