Chapter VII: The Akatsubaki

Previously on Male in a Female World

"All of its specs are way above the current models, except of course the Black Guardian," she said with a wink aimed at me. "And it's handmade by me, Tabane~," she said, "This is little beauty is a fourth generation-type IS, and Tabane the Genius created it especially for Houki!"

"Fourth Generation?!" asked Laura.

"Wait! Other countries have made the prototypes for the third generation models," Cecilia said in shock.

"Yet she's already...." Charlotte said, leaving her words hanging in the air.

To say the least, I was shocked, 'Always ahead of the curve, eh, Tabane?' I thought, looking at the armor.

~Present Time~

~Y/N POV~

"Don't worry that's just because I'm Tabane the Genius," said Tabane arrogantly, while waving her left hand at us.

"Okay! Hokipoki! Let's go ahead and start with your fitting and personalization," Tabane said excitedly while pressing a button on a small remote she took out. The armor started opening up, showing where exactly the pilot would sit.

"Well mount up, Shinonono," said Sam.

Houki walked to the armor and stood in front of it in awe.

To be honest, I was in awe as well. It looked much better than my armor, the red and white really does suit her armor.

~Timeskip~

We were standing, waiting for the calibration to be done. Thought, knowing Tabane it would take a few hours job being finished in minutes.

Tabane was standing next to the armor, wires going to various places on Houki's armor. Tabane had a hologram in front of her and was typing at lightning fast speeds.

"Now I already have some of your personal data uploaded and running, so I just need to update it with your latest information," Tabane said, as she was typing away.

While Houki, who now had the armor on her, stood in awe. Looking at the armor.

However, the most concerning part was her expression. It seemed off like something nasty was happening inside her mind. She looked almost arrogant.

"*Gasps* Unbelievable, her speed is simply amazing," Rin said from beside Ichika and the others, all of them were in awe at Tabane's speed.

"Pretty nostalgic, huh?" said a female voice from behind me.

I look behind to see Sam standing, with her arms on her hips. Chifuyu, standing behind her; looking at Houki.

"Yes, it is pretty nostalgic," I said looking back.

"Reminds me of the day you had your fitting and calibration done by Tabane," said Sam walking to my left.

"Yeah, and that was two years ago, feels so long ago," I said looking at the scene with a smile.

"Yeah," Sam said with a sigh.

There was a comfortable silence between us, neither of us has anything to say but that did not make it awkward.

"You see that expression on Houki's face," Sam said all the sudden, but in a serious tone.

"Yeah, it's kind of frightening, almost like she thinks she's God," I said with a frown, "Not that I'm saying she has no right to think that way, to be honest, if it does turn out better than mine. I don't really care, but that expression is just....." I dragged not knowing how to word it.