JUSTICE

This chapter is dedicated to @Fforreading whose addition to the "The King" gang was a blessing. I appreciate the time you take to comment and voice out your thoughts. 

She jumps when she hears sudden knocking on her door. Her heart is beating in her ears, are they here to arrest her?

The knocking continues. She rushes to the door and unlocks it.

"come with me" Says Luke and he hurriedly starts running. She grabs her kit and follows after him.

"Is it Arthur?" she asks, her voice worried.

"no Arthur is fine" he says "somebody else isn't"

they enter a room and Bell's eyes connect to the body lying on the couch. She doesn't know him. He's groaning in pain, Blood seeping from his side. Arthur is standing over him. He turns towards her. His eyes are hard, his lips are pressed tight in a straight line but she can see the frown lines slightly. He nudges his head towards him.

"go ahead"

She walks over to the man and kneels next to him. She lifts his shirt to see what exactly happened and she winces. Multiple slash wounds with glass shards embedded in his skin.

"what happened?" she asks Arthur and tries to ignore the blood on his hands.

"Non of your goddamn business" snaps Luke

"easy Luke" warns Arthur

She tries to ignore the fact that Arthur just defended her and she turns towards the man. She starts removing the glass and cleaning his cuts. She's about to start stitching when he says "get him stable then move him to your place. I wan't him out of my sight"

Arthur leaves.

Bell doesn't reply but she heard him. She starts stitching the man up and after she's done she bandages his wounds.

Luke walks over to her "done?"

"yes" she replies

"move" he orders and Bell stands up and moves away as Luke and two other men haul him up. Bell gathers her kit and starts walking after them. She's overwhelmed with adrenaline that she can't stop to think about what's happening. As she follows them she sees Katia standing on the side, staring at them. She catches Katia's eyes connect with Luke's before they walk past her. Katia's eyes turn to Bluebell for a split second before Bluebell passes her as well. Bell keeps her face down after that and tries to keep up with their pace. They're hurrying, making no sound what so ever. It's dark and they're taking a longer, hidden route. Instead of the previous way her and Luke took. It's obvious they don't want this to spread. Why though? who is he and what happened to him? why so many secrets....

They reach her place and they drop him in one of the spare beds she has in the room. Luke suddenly approaches her

"you will tell no one about this" he warns and Bell nods her head quickly "Arthur seems to trust you though I can't for the life of me figure out why... you better not let him down"

he walks out leaving Bell staring at him as he leaves.

She hears a load groan and incoherent words. She turns towards the injured man and she sighs. He's in pain, that much she can tell.

"help me" he whispers "help me"

She walks over to him and runs her fingers in his hair.

"shhh" she soothes as strokes his hair "you're going to be fine"

he opens his eyes "save me"

"you're saved" she says and she smiles despite herself to make him feel better "It wasn't that bad anyway. You're stitched and bandaged. You need rest. I'll make you something to help you sleep-"