I HAVE NO FRIENDS

The hall they're in. This is what it roughly looks like. The drama in this chapter takes place at the left long table, closer by the door. The third mini table in the left column. 

--------------------------------

She hears the ruckus a long way away. Before she even approaches the hall they're in. Apparently someone got cut and they need her to come inspect the wound. She hates crowds. She really does. Specially when they're all higher than her in rank and she's the servant. She doesn't belong here and she can't shake her sudden social anxiety. When she reaches the hall she almost backtracks. It's crowded, 3 long tables filled with people talking and laughing. She stops by the door, in the shadows. She turns around and stops, her fear is telling her to leave. To not go in. 

"are you the physician?" someone asks and she sharply turns around to face a woman. 

"yes" she says, clutching her bag in her hand tightly. 

"this way" she says and walks in the hall. Bell has no choice but to follow. 

She leads her to a group sitting by the table. 

"sir she's here to inspect your wound" the woman says and a man turns around. His hair black and his face attractive. He stops laughing as he inspects her. His eyes running down her body. Bell sees the cut as soon as she approaches him. It's on his forehead. He's pressing against it with white fabric while he chats away. The whole group stops stalking as they watch her. Curious. 

She approaches him and puts her bag on the table. He leans back and stares at her, an amused look on his face. She removes his hand from the white fabric and she pulls it away to reveal the cut. It doesn't need stitches. She opens her bag and gets to work. She puts alcohol on a piece of fabric and she goes to clean his cut when someone says 

"This is her" 

She looks up and looks at Alice, James's sister. She didn't even notice Alice when she came in. She's part of the group. A little further away from them but to her luck she stands up and sits across from her. 

"The girl?" someone asks "you're kidding" 

Bell knows what they're referring too. She ignores her and starts wiping his cut clean. 

"who knows where James is now" she says bitterly "lost or worst" 

"James is a strong man" someone says "he'll find his way"

"I just can't believe his highness would punish him so harshly for trying to rape her" she says "I heard he didn't even actually do it"

She wants to disappear. She finishes cleaning the cut with shaky hands and she starts to get the gauze to bandage it. She wants to get out of here.

"He must have been really desperate" she spits out

"I don't know" the injured man slowly says as he stares at her "I would rape her too"

She ignores the nausea that just spread through her. 

"You wouldn't have too" a girl says "she'll sleep with you. Won't you Bluebell?"

she ignores them all.

Finish your job and leave, come on. 

Suddenly he spanks her thigh as he says "she's talking to you"

she gasps, backing away from him. Disgust and fear on her face. She's shocked. How dare he touch her?

They laugh loudly at her reaction, finding it hilarious. He stops laughing and says "alright alright" he raises his hands "come back"