KILLING ME TO LOVE YOU

You lost it all and now you've been left open

And you were starting to heal but you've been tearing your conscious

It's growing faster than you've grown

Now you're stronger than yourself

I'm fighting for you

I'm hiding for you

But it's killing me to love you

------------------------

Bell finds herself sitting in a very familiar white room again after more than a year. The room where she found out who Arthur really is. 

Things are blurry. She's not sure how she got here exactly but the side of her head is bleeding. Someone slammed something into the side of her skull then everything turned black and foggy. She remembers being dragged, loud noises coming from everywhere. She's not sure but she thinks she passed out for a little while too. 

Eventually when her vision cleared, she found herself here. Out of all the places they could've taken her. 

The heavy door is slammed shut, surrounding her with silence. It's been a long while or maybe it's been seconds. She doesn't know. 

Subconsciously she remembers halfheartedly moving her finger in front of her face and following it with her eyes. No concussion.  She hasn't tried to inspect her injury beyond that checkup. She really doesn't care if she has a gaping hole in her brain at this point. She really doesn't. 

She's very impressed with herself. She's calmer than she thought she'd be. At least she was before the door opened and she heard;

"You're my punishment for all the sins I've committed" he says, his voice low "no one has ever hurt me as much as you did" 

And the calm shatters. It breaks into tiny little pieces, as if it was never there. His voice pierces into the shock and seeps cold freezing water into her body; every cell...every fiber. Frozen cold. 

She closes her eyes tightly, squeezing her lids as hard as she can.  

"As much as you still do" he says "and always will" 

She opens her eyes and watches the cold white tile blur and stays blurry. Her tears don't dare drop down her cheeks. Just as she doesn't dare open her mouth to say a thing. Not right now. Not after this. 

"Look at me" he growls, his voice dripping with a thousand emotions. Anger, sadness, frustration...betrayal. 

Her eyes flicker up towards him and she's very grateful that her tears finally overflowed cause she can see him clearly. This man... 

How did her life become revolved around this man. 

"I hate you" she hears herself say. She's not sure if she's the one who said it. It sounded distant, foreign...a lie. She doesn't even recognize her own voice. 

He moves back an inch, just an inch but Bell sees it. Her words landed a blow. 

"you hijacked my life" she whispers  

"Funny" he says bitterly "I can say the same thing about you. I wish I never met you that day. I wish it was somebody else with Richard. Hell I wish he died... I wish you died. I wish this never happened" 

His words don't hurt her as much as it makes her feel utterly guilty

"I'm sorry-" she whispers 

"Don't" he snaps, his voice harsh "Who are you? What are you doing here? Who sent you-"

She actually laughs, shaking her head.