CAUGHT AGAIN

This is how she looks in this chapter

This is how she looks in this chapter. Minor adjustment; imagine the dress a little toned down. For one that's too much skin for someone at her stature. Two, its too much ruffles and Bell can't afford a corset like that. So conclusion? 

Same hair, same dirty face (more yellow tho) but different dress. 

looool why do I find this author's note funny?😂

-----------------------------------------------------

On the same day Bell saw Arthur and Katia, she steals food yet again. This would be the last attempt in a while. She's really scared of getting caught. Feeding people feels good but she really would rather keep her hands. Plus, she feels like crap these days. She almost doesn't have the strength for anything anymore. She feels like a shell of herself, barely hanging onto sanity. She grabs the basket and walks out the back of the kitchen like usual. The trick to not arousing any suspicion is to act like you aren't doing anything wrong. Just casually stroll through with a basket. If people do find it weird, they will rarely call you on it. Generally people mind their own business. If only she can do the same. If only... 

She's walking out of the castle, heading into town. It's dusk, the sun is setting but it's not dark yet. There's a beautiful, orangey color in the sky. She's starting to breath heavily now. She's been walking for 20 minutes. The man stationed is close by. 

"you're stealing food" 

She turns sharply around, her eyes wide. 

Katia's eyes are wide in wonder. She almost can't believe that she caught something like this. 

"Katia wait a second-"

"oh my-wait until Arthur hears about this" she shakes her head "he gives you a home and you steal from him?" 

Katia's look of triumph makes Bell feel sick. 

"wait you don't understand-" she tries as she lowers the basket to the ground

"no way he's keeping you around after this" she shakes her head "I'll finally be rid of you"

Katia turns to walk back.

"Please" says Bell and runs forwards. She grabs her arm to stop her. Katia turns sharply around and punches her to the ground. Bell is so shocked. She blinks the shock of the punch away and touches the blood dripping from her lip. She looks up with teary, pained eyes at Katia who looks pretty horrified herself. 

"Don't touch me" she warns, her voice shaking slightly "If you hurt me, you'll get executed straight away"

Bell mouth hangs opened as she holds the side of her face in pain. Katia is afraid of her. Katia is afraid of her. It's so absurd to Bell that she almost laughs hysterically at the thought of it. As if Bell is in any position to actually hurt Katia to stop her from telling. Katia turns around and runs back to the castle as if Bell is following after her with a knife and isn't here on the ground with blood dripping down her chin and her eyes filled with tears. She slowly gets to her feet and wipes the blood off with the back of her hand. Split lip. She puts pressure on it and her eyes connect with the boy standing a few feet away. Looking at her, his eyes wide.