DECISION

"Hey" the soft voice almost warms her heart. Constantly hearing Arthur's loud, booming, cocky and arrogant voice makes this voice sound like melted chocolate. Not that she ever had melted chocolate or any kind of chocolate before in her life. 

She looks up from her work and her eyes connect with green ones. Richard. She smiles sadly at him. 

"Why the long face?" he asks as he leans against the doorway. 

"You're leaving" she says and its not a question. She's been hearing about his departure for days now. She remembers how Luke left yesterday. 

She was called as usual but was lead, unusually, to the back of the castle. First, she was naturally suspicious then she caught a glance of Arthur and instantly calmed down. He had been standing outside talking to someone who Bell was not able to see yet. 

When she walked out, she gasped. 

"George" she said, surprisingly very happy to see him. 

He smiled to her and even gave her a hug. 

"how are you Bluebell?" he asked and she replied with "I'm great. What about you?" 

"Never been better" he said, looking at Arthur. She too glanced at Arthur

"Why was I called?" she asked and Arthur simply nudged his head towards something. She looked that way and was faced with Luke's back who was standing away from them. She looked back at Arthur. 

"he wanted to say good bye" explained George 

When she walked closer to Luke, he turned around and put his hands in his pockets. 

"you came" he said 

"how do you feel?" she asked cautiously but he didn't reply to her question. Honestly, he looked like crap to Bell. 

"I just wanted to thank you" he said "I haven't been that kind to you but you still fought hard for me...I wasn't expecting that from someone other than Arthur... You even fought harder for me than he did..."

Bell could hear the hurt loud and clear. 

"he did fight for you"

he scoffed bitterly "he's sending me away as punishment"

"He's sending you away to protect you. People here want your head-"

"Well they can goddamn have it" he snapped suddenly, looking up at her. 

She sighed "don't leave mad at him" she said slowly "you might not get to see him again"

"that's what he wants" 

Bell ended up walking back to Arthur and George visibly upset. 

"Still mad I presume?" asked George and Bell said "he's hurt" 

"He did it to himself" snapped Arthur "he's the one that screwed me over and he's the one who's mad at me?" 

Bell glanced at George who sent her a weary look then glanced back at Luke who was standing farther away from all of them. She wondered why he was so far away when she first showed up but then she knew. He was staying away from Arthur. 

"you better be on your way before somebody sees you" said Arthur eventually

George nodded his head "I'll talk to him for you" 

Bell honestly thought he was going to argue or say something hurtful or arrogant but he simply nodded his head and looked at the ground. 

"Don't worry about him Arthur" said George "He'll get over it. It's you and Luke"