I Care-Two-Bit

For @Miranda_Stremme. Check her out!

I CARE

Miranda's POV
I walked, but couldn't keep up. My heart was racing. Blood was dripping down from many cuts. The Curtis's wasn't far, but I was weak. I heard a faint voice, and I couldn't hear who it was. Nor did I know what it was saying. It got louder and louder, then dark takes over.

••

"Pony get me a wet towel, will ya?"
It was Darry. My eyes couldn't open. I stood still because neither did my body move. Every move I tried to make, it'll hurt.
"Guys I think, I think she tryin' to move."
There was a smell of alcohol, and a cold liquid feeling on my arm. My eyes shot open and I gasped for air, like if I just came from drowning. Everyone was there, except for Two-Bit and Steve. Ponyboy came in with the towel.
"Hey Miran. Mind explaining a few things?"
I looked at Darry.
"Well I was walking down where the drive ins at, and found myself with Bob's stupid gang. They got me off guard and jumped me. This time with a blade."
I hissed in pain as he rubbed alcohol on my cut.
"That's how I got the big cut on my arm, and eyebrow."
Ponyboy winced at the scene. Sodapop stood there rubbing my back. Dallas shook his head, Johnny sat there, not moving at all. It sucked that Two-Bit wasn't here. His presence would've calmed me down by now.
"And this is why you shouldn't go out alone." Dallas said gritting his teeth.
"I know Dal, but what can I do?"
Darry finished placing a bandage on my eyebrow.
"Well, y'all done."
I nodded and thanked him. Before I even got up, Two-Bit barged in almost breaking the door.
"Two-Bit. What did we say about barging in like that. Might as well break down my door." Darry said.
I chuckled and watched as Two-Bit sat down by me. Darry and Pony walked out to put the stuff back, meanwhile Johnny and Soda stayed in there spots.
"Hey girly how y'doin? Heard you got jump by them Socs again, came running like a bull. Man I'll kill them when I get a hold-"
"Two-Bit, I'm alright. It was only a few cuts. That's all."
He grabbed my hand.
"That's good to know. But I promise that I'll kill em. Someone like you don't deserve to get hurt."
I blushed and smiled.
"I care for ya. And you know that. I want you to be safe."
I nodded. He tucked a piece of hair behind an ear.
"Ey, you wanna know something?"
"What?"
"That cut on your eyebrow really digs ya."
Soda sarcastically laughed.
"Enough with the little hints now. We all know that you goofy's love each other. Just admit it already."
I nervously laughed, hoping that Two-Bit did love me. I have the biggest crush on him, my heart just might explode. Two-Bit cleared his throat, which made me jump.
"Miranda, it's true. I mean, I've loved ya ever since the day I heard you liked Mickey. You've cared for me like none of the gang members have. I love you Miranda."
"I love you too."
Soda got up and pat Two-Bit in the back. Then walked away screaming 'Finally'. We both laughed. We looked at each other and smiled. His face got closer and closer, until our lips finally touched. He pulled away, and smiled.
"So that means your my Minnie now, huh?"
I shrugged.
"Guess so."
Two-Bit got up and pounded on his chest like a gorilla and made noises like one too.
"Hey!" I yelled.
He looked back and frowned.
"No one acts like a gorilla in this house, but me."
Johnny laughed, meanwhile Two-Bit grinned. He grabbed my face and kissed me passionately.
"Yeah, But you're my gorilla."