Feelings-Johnny

For @johnnylipa. Check her out!

FEELINGS

Yanelie's POV
I walked along the sidewalk, kicking near by rocks. As I got to the Curtis's, I walked inside and smelled the famous chocolate scent. Darry's baking. I opened the door and saw the boys watching Mickey Mouse.
"Hey, what's a hang out without Yanelie." I said playfully pouting.
Steve walked by, and patted my head. He had eaten some of the cake. He had it all smudged on his cheek.
"Don't worry kiddo. Mickey's not on yet."
I walked over to the floor, and sat near
Two-Bit. He had the cake in his hands and beer on his mouth. I smacked his head and he winced, rubbing the pain.
"What was that for?" He managed to say.
"For taking the cake."
Everyone laughed. Darry peeped out of the kitchen.
"Ey, there's no need to fight. I got some for you here."
I jumped up and walked to the kitchen. There was an even piece on the table. Pony was doing his homework. I was surprised that he was working on it in the kitchen.
"Hey Pony," I said takin a seat.
I grabbed the cake and pulled it towards me.
"Hey Yany."
Only Johnny and Ponyboy called me that. But I didn't like being called that every hour.
"Ha! What kind of name is Yany. I'll rather be called Yam-y." Two-Bit laughed.
I looked over to Pony, but he didn't glance up, but only smirked.
"Great. Now Two-Bit knows," I muttered.
Ponyboy apologized and continued with his homework.
"Darry mind getting me a fork?"
He passed me it and I thanked him. I started to eat it, meanwhile Johnny came in.
"Hey Johnnycakes," I said sigh my mouth full of cake.
Johnny was a nice guy. Heck maybe the nicest one to look at. I've had been hiding this secret ever since we met. But I've like Johnny for over a month. He was just like another version of a dog. But a good looking one.
"Hey," He shyly said.
There was just this one problem. He was shy. And never really talked. How was i suppose to know, whether if he liked me or not. Ponyboy closed his book and heavily sighed.
"So, you guys wanna go to the drive-ins?"
I shrugged meanwhile Johnny muttered.
"Darry can we go?"
"Yeah just don't be home late."
I got up and walked out the door, with the guys following.

••

We got there safely without any Socs blocking our way. I sat in between Pony and Johnny. It was awkward being in the middle. But as long as I was next to Johnny, I felt safe.
"Hey uh I'm gonna get some drinks. Anyone want one?"
"Sure Pony," both Johnny and I said in unison.
Pony nodded and walked off. Now it was totally awkward. Just the two of us, in the middle of the drive-ins, watching some beach movie. I was pretty tensed up.
"Yanalie, can I tell you something?"
I looked over to Johnny. What could he say? Was there something wrong?
"Sure."
He took a deep breath and spoke.
"I've been liking ya ever since a few weeks ago. It's okay if you don't feel the same. But I just needed to get it off my chest."
He liked me?
"N-No. Johnny I've liked you ever since. I just thought you didn't fee the same."
He smiled.
"Really?"
I nodded.
"So what now?"
I grabbed his hand.
"Well how about we go on a date sometime?"
Johnny smiled.
"Yeah, same place, same time."
We both smiled.
"What did I miss?"