Sodapop "Love is interesting"/ Pt.2

Long chapter ahead, but read for a surprise ;)

After school, Soda and I ended up at the DQ. I don't really know what influenced this gesture, but I was enjoying this moment with Soda. Turns out he's really funny and quirky. I did notice him trying to flirt, and it worked. He had me blushing like a middle school girl.

"How 'bout I take you to the Drive-In's later?"

I frowned a bit. What was he up to?

"Soda, what's this all about?"

"Well, I thought it would be nice to take you out after a long day yesterday. If you don't want to it's-."

"Is it a date?"

I caught him off guard, but he blushed in return. I caught my own self off guard. A date?

"You decide, Angy."

"Pick me up at eight then."

I don't know where all that confidence came from. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be a date. But I'm not so sure what my intentions are. Are we friends, do I wanna be more than friends?

"I don't know Dallas, what should I do?"

Dallas was the only one I thought of coming to for advice. He might be a two-timing asshole, but he knows these types of things. He had a thing with Sylvia before. Nothing too serious, but he actually liked her. That was before she two-timed him.

"Well, as the expert, I say go with whatever y'gut is telling ya. What's the worst that can happened between you and the kid?"

There's a lot that can go wrong. For instance, what if we develop strong feelings for nothing. A couple doesn't stay together forever.But what if that's not what I want?

What does Soda want from me?

"You thinkin'bout it too much. Listen kid, if you like 'im, just try it out. If you don't like the way things are goin', stay friends."

I guess I can do that. Doesn't sound so hard.

"Guess you right Dally."

"I'm always right, Angy, always."

Rolling my eyes, he chuckled.

"How you and Johnny holdin' up?"

"Fine actually. Thanks by the way. Johnny has been feeling better at Buck's."

He wanted to smile, but he held it. He nodded instead.

"Told ya to thank me with a free meal. The food here tastes like shit."

Laughing, Dally flicked me off with his finger.

"Go on and get'outta here. No funny business or I promise I'll skin y'both."

Soda and I made it to the drive-ins safely without getting taunts from the Soc's. We sat in the front row seats, luckily I didn't see anyone from school. Soda was dressed nice, and seemed to have extra grease on his hair.

"You look wonderful tonight. Wanna drink?"

Nodding, he stood up to go to the concession stand. The movie started to play and I noticed there was barely anyone around. Soda came back with a box of popcorn and two drinks. I thanked him and placed my attention to the screen in front of us.

Throughout the movie, I noticed Soda seemed to be a bit distracted. He'll stare at me for awhile and when he knew I noticed, he'll find somewhere else to look at. I'll end up throwing a few pieces at popcorn at him just to clear the tension. It was a bit awkward, and my whole face felt warm from blushing so much.