You got my heart/Pt.1-Ponyboy

For Ponyboyshotass . Enjoy!

YOU GOT MY HEART

For the first time, I was walking to school early. Usually I'm always late. It's either because I'm too tired or I just oversleep. But this time I was doing it for some special someone. We've been best friends ever since elementary. I've had a crush on him ever since the seventh grade. He doesn't know, which I feel so cowardly about. I was thinking to tell him soon. I mean I should, right? Of course.
"Lori!"
I turned around and saw Pony jump in front of me. I saw him with a football in hand. He threw it back and then turned his attention to me.
"You could've been hit by a flying football y'know. What you doin here so early?"
And this is why I love him. I could've gotten hurt. I was probably blushing.
"I woke up early, so...now I'm here."
He chuckled.
"Well, now that you're here, I was wondering if you'll like to come-"
"Hey Ponyboy!"
We both looked towards her. Ugh. That one. Cherry Valance. What a waste. She's been trying to compete over me. At least that she keep shut about. Cherry's the only person who knew. Either she's afraid he likes me back, or she just forgot. We were friends in elementary too. But then Ponyboy came in, and it all changed between us. Instead of him liking me, he fell right into Cherry's hands.
"Lori?"
I jumped a bit.
"Yes?"
"You alright? You kinda dozed off a bit."
I nodded. Whoops.
"I'm alright. But what were you going to ask me?"
He rubbed the back of his neck, and shrugged.
"I forgot. Sorry."
Damn you Cherry. But I still wonder, what was he going to ask? A date?
"But hey, we should get to class."

The last bell rung. I got up quickly and walked out to my locker. Home here I come.
"Hello there Lori."
Ponyboy.
"Hey Pone."
"How come you didn't get scared this time?"
I laughed.
"I'm use to you coming up on me like that."
He chuckled.
"Anyways I forgot to ask you if y'wanted to come along with me to the drive ins.".
I nodded. Hopefully not eagerly.
"Sure. What time. Today?"
"I'll pick y'up at seven tonight."
"Okay, see you then."
Pony nodded and left. Finally, someone makes a move. Maybe I'll be able to confess my secret to him.

The clock hit seven and I heard a knock. Not bad, he's on time. I went to open the door, and saw Pony there.
"Hey Pone."
He smiled.
"Ready to go?"
I nodded and we walked out. Luckily I lived near the drive ins. If not then it would've been a long trip.
"So, what movie we watchin?"
"Oh y'know. Those boring cliche beach movies. But I thought we could go just to grab some cokes and popcorn."
I nodded. Not a date.
We got there, and sneaked inside. It was our favorite thing to do. We sat in the second to first seats, like always.
"I'll go get the popcorn and cokes. And don't worry, it's all on me."
I was going to try convincing him that I pay from my part. But he didn't give in. He left and I watched as he went over to the concession stand. I smiled. Pony was just too much. But that's why I love him. Afterwards, Cherry came by to talk to him, great. Just even greater, a Soc was coming my way. He smirked and sat by me, placing an arm around me. Revenge?
"Didn't want to startle you, but what's a beautiful girl like you sitting alone."
Beautiful? This won't be so hard now.
"Oh just waiting for my friend."
"Oh that's too bad. Looks like he's distracted enough. Don't you think?"
I turned around and saw Ponyboy smiling around with Cherry.
"Yeah. I guess your right."
"Hey now, don't get too hard on yourself. He's just a poor o'greaser. You deserve someone like me. I'll respect you. I mean who wouldn't respect such a beautiful girl?"
I smiled.
"Y'think Im pretty?"
He laughed.
"Do I think so? I know so. Your more than pretty."
By the time I noticed. I knew I was blushing. But really blushing.
He started to lean in, and that's when I didn't know what to do. So I got up and he ended up falling off the floor, hitting himself in the face. I wanted to crack up, but if I did I wouldn't have time to run.