Chapter 3

About an hour later Doug and Leanne dismounted the train and Leanne grabbed his arm. ''Come on! It's just round here!'' Doug laughed and followed her quickly. They had got to know each other a little more on the train, so he felt more comfortable around her. When they had reached to where she was pointing Doug saw a big sign reading the words 'Hollyoaks' he smiled softly and looked around the town. It was small, he had to admit, but he liked it. Leanne turned to face him and looked him up and down. ''So, were are you staying?'' Doug looked around again and answered. ''Oh, I applied to stay with someone, apparently im their new flatmate.'' Leanne nodded and said ''Oh, who? I know everyone around here.'' Doug shrugged and said ''Oh Leanne Holiday and Texas Longford. Funny that, your called Leanne.''

Leanne beamed again and clapped happily. ''That's sooo me and my friends house! Nice to meet you roomie.'' She said nudging him. Doug grinned and felt so, so relieved. ''Oh Tex might be a little off at first but she will warm up to you.'' Doug was going to answer until he frowned instantly. He pointed ''Who's that?'' Leanne quickly put his arm down ''Don't point at him he will chop your fingers off!'' Doug took them back quickly, swallowing and him and Leanne dodged round the corner like they were spies. He walked past, not noticing them thankfully. She whispered ''That's Brendan Brady, thinks he is 'the don''' She rolled her eyes. Doug shuddered ''He creeps me out.''

After a little walk the two of them arrived at Doug's new home. She opened it carefully and stepped inside. Doug a little while after. Leanne saw Texas and coughed, Texas instantly turned round, biting her lip and smiling. Leanne pushed Doug forward. ''Uhh, Hey, Im Doug. Doug Carter- your new flatmate.''

Texas raised her brow and pursed her lips ''Ah, yea, i was wondering when you'd turn up. Welcome to your new house Carter.'' She blushed a bit and tilted her head, then she went back to watching TV. Doug turned round to Leanne and mouthed to her ''What now?!'' Leanne just flapped like a chicken.

Later that night Doug felt much more settled, he had his own room. Blue. Comparison to his eyes. He got some warm milk, as it always calmed him down. Sighing he wished goodnight to the girls and trotted upstairs in his teddy bear PJ's. He had all the stuff in his room organised. He was a little bit of a tidy freak. But he smiled softly when he heard te girls exchanging opinions on him. All good. He closed his eyes and thought of America, but he quickly snapped out of it. No Doug, he thought to himself. This is your home now. Yes, and he was starting to rather enjoy it.